Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Kits that add on to previous packs

So Mfps was pretty controversial but I was thinking of how they could do smth similar that adds on to a an old pack but it doesn't really require that pack.

For example:

Sushi station and pizza oven to add on to dineout. I'm not sure if a kit could fit one of those sushi stations with new sushi recipes and etc. Maybe it could come with two variants. One that replaces the chef station and another that is smaller and can fit anywhere. It could be like the Café or bar and you can put in any venue and ur sim can hire a chef (it would be better of those items automatically spawned a service sim). And for the pizza oven it could be smth your sims can put in their houses but it basically works in restaurants and u can have a pizza restaurant.

So I doubt many people will like this idea but personally I wouldn't mind if they did smth like this. I just don't think they will after mfps.
  • I am always conflicted when it comes to DLC. But having done a comparison to how much I have spent playing MMOs like Eve and FF14 on and off through the years against the time I have been playing just the version of the sims it has come out broadly the same in terms of cost and so I have made my peace with it in this game. Same with Paradox games such as Crusader Kings.

With this in mind I would like to see more kits adding across the game. I would definitely like to see CAS kits with clothing and hair and other dedicated items such as more of what we have - curtains, etc. I would defo buy a curtain ovehaul pack that allowed my sims to open and close the existing curtains :)

I like a lot of the suggestions above to enhance some of the gameplay and items in previous packs which could breathe new life into them.

Redrogue60
    Rising Hotshot
    "ModerateOsprey;c-17932888" wrote:
    I am always conflicted when it comes to DLC. But having done a comparison to how much I have spent playing MMOs like Eve and FF14 on and off through the years against the time I have been playing just the version of the sims it has come out broadly the same in terms of cost and so I have made my peace with it in this game. Same with Paradox games such as Crusader Kings.

With this in mind I would like to see more kits adding across the game. I would definitely like to see CAS kits with clothing and hair and other dedicated items such as more of what we have - curtains, etc. I would defo buy a curtain ovehaul pack that allowed my sims to open and close the existing curtains :)

I like a lot of the suggestions above to enhance some of the gameplay and items in previous packs which could breathe new life into them.

Considering its all on Origin Expansions are DLC
  • "redrogue60;c-17932964" wrote:
    "ModerateOsprey;c-17932888" wrote:
    I am always conflicted when it comes to DLC. But having done a comparison to how much I have spent playing MMOs like Eve and FF14 on and off through the years against the time I have been playing just the version of the sims it has come out broadly the same in terms of cost and so I have made my peace with it in this game. Same with Paradox games such as Crusader Kings.

Considering its all on Origin Expansions are DLC

Yeah, I meant DLC in the general sense - extra stuff you buy for a game.
  • "redrogue60;c-17931703" wrote:
    "Mak27;c-17931627" wrote:
    Well...

Deep fryer for Dine Out GP
    Composting bin for Cats & Dogs EP
    Trampoline for Get Together EP
    Butter churner for Cottage Living EP
    Water heater for Eco Lifestyle EP
    Pottery table for Jungle Adventure GP
    Board breaker for Snowy Escape EP
    Axe throwing for Outdoor Retreat GP
    Zen garden for Spa Day GP
    Obstacle course for StrangerVille GP
    Disco ball for City Living EP
    Mini golf for Get to Work EP
    Lawn mower for Seasons EP
    Nectar making for Vampires GP
    Pizza oven for Get Famous EP

I agree with most of this list including the one I posted recently the Butterchurn for Cottage Living. I wouldn't put Nectar Making in a kit I think it should be with a new zone.

Here is mine for older packs

• Sushi Bar, Hibachi Grill for Snowy Escape or Dine Out
    • Compost Bin, Apple Bobbing Tub, Competitive Eating Table, Seasonal Face Painting Booth for Seasons
    • Pizza Oven, Table with Checkered Cloth, a few Italian related pictures and for Dine out
    • Manicure Table and Pedicure Chair, with Fingernail & Toenail Customization in CAS for Spa Day
    • Archery Target, Log Rolling, Axe Throwing Target, Round Wooden Hot Tub for Outdoor Retreat
    • Baking Update - Yule Log Cake, Christmas Cookies, Wassail, The ability to add Stockings to all fireplace mantles (Red & Green Stockings, Gold Silver, Blue & White, Rustic Red & Black Check) Lighted Garland for 1,2,3 & 4 squared arches and doorways, Lighted topiaries, Christmas Themed Dining Table Centerpiece for Base Game or Seasons

As Game Packs I'd like using past objects frequently requested

Sims 4 - Mindful Living

• Accupuncture
    • Baking Recipe Unlockable - Fortune Cookie - No Special Appliance required
    • Board Breaking
    • Calligraphy
    • New Lot Assignment - The Dojo
    • Ear Cleaning
    • Guardian Lion Statues
    • Mahjong
    • Martial Arts & Sparring
    • New Recipes - Fried Rice (Chicken, Beef or Shrimp), Peking Duck, Moon Cake, Sweet & Sour Pork
    • Tai Chi
    • Wooden Training Dummy
    • Zen Garden

Sims 4 - Pet's Day Out - Features Birds Mostly but has Unlockables for those with Cats & Dogs

• 2 New Lot Assignments - Dog Park & Pet Store
    • Adoptable Birds - Cockatoo, Parrots, Cockatiels, Peregrin Falcons, Ravens - All able to be trained to do tricks
    • Aviary Build Pieces
    • Bed Unlocks for Dogs & Cats because compared to the previous iterations of the Sims the S$ ones stink
    • Bins with Pet Food
    • Bird Cages for Small Birds like Love Birds, Parakeets
    • Bird Perch with Play Stand for Bigger Birds
    • Dog Park Central Fountain that Dogs can jump in and splash around
    • Dog Park Drinking Fountain and vending machine with Pet Treats
    • Groomer's Table & Tub with NPC
    • Hamster Ball
    • Decorative Collar Stand for Buyable New Collar Choices (Including Holiday themed) for Pets
    • New Fish Tank Designs that can be purchased at the store
    • New Pet Costumes Stand for Halloween & Christmas that can be purchased at the store - Unlockable if You have D&C
    • Pet Adoption Bins for Puppies and Kittens
    • Pet Judging stands for Best in Show Competitions
    • Owl as the new wild animal
    • Small Cages and Tanks for Snakes, Spiders and whatever
    • Store Build/Buy Front Door, Front Window, Front Door Mat, Signage, Register, Counter

I love all these ideas, but I especially love Mindful Living.