Forum Discussion

5 years ago

More Interactions + Sexual Orientation Selection

Just a couple of things I was thinking while playing last night.

When you have a couple, you can select their lover and tell them to "Kiss" but what about an interaction that says "Kiss Me".

Also, I had one of my Sims try to hook someone up last night with another person and they immediately said "Well, she sounds like quite a catch. I'll introduce myself next time."

Now, someone pointed out that why does it seem every woman in this game is attracted to other women. I suggested this should be a selection so when my Sim Claire try to hook her friend Mina up with another woman, depending on Mina's preference her response should have been either:

(if likes women): "Well, she sounds like quite a catch."
(if straight): "Thanks, but I'm afraid I am not like that."
  • "Leahmiller2006;c-17478039" wrote:
    "Sindocat;c-17477992" wrote:
    I literally have never seen Sims end up in same-sex partnerships that I didn't create, so I don't think a heterosexuality toggle is needed. I do feel that asking for one is a sneaky way of asking for controls to remove gayness from the game. Considering we have seen only three premade same-sex couples, and three premade gender-nonbinary Sims, in twenty years, I suggest that is also not called for.

You control your Sims' orientation by deciding with whom you want them to flirt, if anyone.

Ageed.

One thing I do with there was though is a more subtle kiss. The current ‘Kiss’ interaction is a bit like hands on?Can we not have a like goodbye kiss before a sim goes to work? Or just a peck. Also why can’t they kiss their kids? You know how toddlers get the,sad a parents left moodlet thing. I wish the parents could kiss them goodbye and that moodlet could be prevented?

Agreed! I always wondered why we cant kiss our kids? Why we don't have more shy interactions?
    I feel like none of the romance option are good for first time romance all shy like and stuff. Plus we need a shy trait to go with that ?

• "Chazzzy;c-17505651" wrote:
    Married Sims shouldn’t be able to autonomously flirt.
    I think that would solve a lot of problems.

Do you mean not at all? Because id love it if my married couple autonomously flirted with eachother. Even auto kiss. It just shouldnt bug out and kiss others
    Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    "StrawberryYogurt;c-17506100" wrote:
    "Sigzy05;c-17505371" wrote:
    Honestly, I don't want an orientation switch for sims. I think instead turn ons and offs should allow you to do this in an indirect way similar to TS2. You could have male sims that were attracted to beards and have makeup as a turn off for example. That in itself would make it so that the sim leaned more towards male sims because most of the female sims in the game would wear makeup and they could not have beards.

Yeah but who wants to use their space for makeup or beards? What if my female love interest doesnt wear makeup or my male love interest doesn't have a beard? That why a seperate toggle for that needs to exist that doesn't take up space for other turns on (charismatic, redheads, in shape etc)

They can still romance the sim if they don't meet the requirements, it's just harder.