Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Photo Booth back

I really wish we could have back the photo booth from sims 2 and be able to make public woohoo there again. I miss this. I loved taking pictures in there and then put them in my wall.

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/2/1/6/2/9/1/1/MTS_Honeywell-1333130-Sims2PhotoBooth.jpg
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16313829" wrote:
    It might return in an Arcade pack with pinball machines, Whack-A-Gnome and The Claw machine. Skeeball would be nice too.

I didn't think of an Arcade Pack but yes that sounds about right.
  • "Cynna;c-16319777" wrote:
    I'm curious as to why -- if photo booths ever return -- it would have to be in a limited capacity? Why is everything always in a limited capacity?

The Sims go in, the curtain closes and the rest is left up to everyone's imagination. The Sims come out and then they get their pictures. What else can they limit? The number of possible poses? Only one Sim allowed, instead of two? The booth is only allowed at festivals and cannot be placed by the player?

I wish that TS4 would push the envelope more. Improve on what came before rather than limiting it in some way.

Graham said a it wouldn't be limited in a bigger pack.
  • "paradiseplanet;c-16338487" wrote:
    "catloverplayer;c-16327090" wrote:
    "Cynna;c-16319777" wrote:
    I'm curious as to why -- if photo booths ever return -- it would have to be in a limited capacity? Why is everything always in a limited capacity?

The Sims go in, the curtain closes and the rest is left up to everyone's imagination. The Sims come out and then they get their pictures. What else can they limit? The number of possible poses? Only one Sim allowed, instead of two? The booth is only allowed at festivals and cannot be placed by the player?

I wish that TS4 would push the envelope more. Improve on what came before rather than limiting it in some way.

Graham said a it wouldn't be limited in a bigger pack.

How much budget do they even have? Unless it's going to be the entire focus of an SP, like that rock climbing wall thing from Fitness SP (which was a terrible waste of the budget imo), I don't see how limited it can get.

Has something to do with UI. See Graham's tweet above
  • "mintycupcake;c-16339752" wrote:
    I would like the photo booth like in 3 so we could bring back family portraits.

I think you're thinking of the greeting cards which could photoshoot up to 8 sims. Photobooths are only for 2 sims but I want them back for couples.