Forum Discussion

SoulGal7
Rising Hotshot
15 days ago

SIMS IN BLOOM CHALLENGE - CH 1 - GEN 1

Meet DAISY BLOOM, our Generation 1 Founder.

Challenge rules state that the founder has to have the Cheerful, Clumsy, and Loves outdoors traits, and that she has to max the wellness, fishing and gardening skills, complete the Freelance Botanist Aspiration, and have a job as a gardener. Likes the colors white and yellow. She can marry, but that sim must have the loves outdoors trait. 

My own additional rules are that Daisy must have a fully functional house with a basic bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living area before she can move her potential spouse in. I also downloaded one of the Maxis pre-made spa builds in Newcrest.

~ ~ ~ 

Playing Rags to Riches in Spring (30 days). Moved Daisy onto a vacant lot - 2 Olde Mill Road in Henford-on-Bagley. She sold all the trees and rocks on her lot and got $648 simoleons. I then downloaded a 0 simoleon Abandoned Cottage (it's a debug house), and added the debug toilet/shower stall from the Jungle Adventure pack. I also placed a debug contemplative stool (rental) for meditation. (This actually works to increase wellness skill). Lot traits are Simple Living, Penny Pixies, Homey, Wild foxes and Off-the grid.

With the funds she had from selling the rocks and trees on her lot, she bought a dumpster (her bed for now - lol), and an Always Has a Snack Bag. She also purchased 2 inground garden patches ($10 each). After this, she had $4 simoleons left. She then got a job in the gardener career.

It was now time to make some simoleons to purchase some garden seeds. She found a frog, some upgrade parts, a MySims trophy, and did some fishing at the pond. The welcome wagon came and never placed the food on the ground. So whatever it was, they took it back with them.

She then headed to Finchwick and did some fishing...during a thunderstorm...and egads, she was struck by lightning.

Deciding that she had enough fishing, she headed to the Gnome's Arms Pub to see if there were any eligible bachelors who also loved the outdoors. She feasted on free chips and water and made several friends, but no-one with this trait. She napped on the couch in the Gnomes Arms Pub and so ended Day 1.

~ ~ ~

Notes: Sims in Bloom Challenge Rules - go HERE.

Abandoned Cottage by Quakeers.

I had done a preliminary run-through for this challenge and found it difficult to find sims with the loves outdoors trait. So, bearing that in mind, I randomly downloaded some sims from the gallery, and also used some of the pre-made Maxis sims for potential love interests. I moved them into an empty lot in Newcrest, so Daisy will randomly meet them. Here they are.

From left to right - Barry Varner (by nengster65), Terence Thayer (by nengster65), Brenton Ferguson (by Gods Treasure), Edmund Leighton (by Rickchikchik), Tristen Palmer (Maxis pre-made), Rémy St. Feu (Maxis pre-made), Kurt Lumberjackson (Maxis pre-made), and Pierce Coombs (Maxis pre-made),

•  I hope that Daisy goes well in the challenge 🙂 It was not good that she got struck by lightning! It would have helped her also if the welcome wagon had left the food that they brought with them! 

SoulGal7
      Rising Hotshot

rosemowThank you for reading and commenting. Daisy certainly has her work cut out for her in this challenge. Founders always do.

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - WEEK 1 - MEETING PROSPECTIVE SIMS

Having made a few friends at the Gnome's Arms Pub, the following night, Daisy was invited to a party in Windenberg at the Von Haunt Mansion. She chatted with the House DJ, Advik Chandran, and found out he had the loves outdoors trait (as well as Child of the Ocean and Lactose Intolerant traits). He was also a Rising Star Celebrity! Yes! With a few flirts, he was soon a romantic interest. Daisy added Advik to Social Bunny.

The following day, Princeton Chin, a sim she had met at the Gnome's Arms Pub, asked if he could stay over for a few days. Of course Daisy said yes. Princeton and Daisy became good friends. Too bad he doesn't have the loves outdoors trait because they have Good Compatibility with each other.

Daisy decided to head to Magnolia Promenade to go fishing. She visited Paddywack's Emporium and met a sales associate named Connor Forrest. They chatted and played chess together and she found out he had the loves outdoors trait, (and also creative and geek). They quickly became friends.

While they were chatting, one of the random gallery sims showed up on the lot, Terence Thayer. Daisy discretely flirted with both of them and added both Connor and Terence to Social Bunny.

The week flew by with Daisy fishing at various spots and growing her garden. It was now Saturday, and the Romance Festival was on. She saw some sims she hadn't met before. Could this be the sim of her dreams?

Maybe not. But perhaps it was this one. Faiz Jaleel who owned the flower cart in Tartosa. And, Faiz has the loves outdoors trait (as well as Romantic and Active traits). Well, with all the vibes at the Romance Festival, these two became romantic interests in no time. The festival ended all too soon, and Daisy added Faiz to Social Bunny.

Things were definitely looking up for Daisy, as she had 4 potential sim matches who met the loves outdoors trait criteria. Er...make that 3 sims. On Sunday, she received a pop-up from Advik asking her to go to the Flea Market with him, and it looks like Advik Chandran, the DJ, is now a ghost. He had somehow died. Oh my gosh! 

Daisy better move fast before they all keeled over. She was really hoping that one of them would ask her on a date. She figured that she would wait a week to see if one of them did, and if not, she would invite each one of them on a date herself. It sounded like a plan.

rosemow
      Hero

It would have given you a surprise to find out that Advik had died and was now a ghost! 🙂 I hope that one of the others will soon be her partner.

SoulGal7
        Rising Hotshot

rosemow  Thanks for reading and commenting. Yes, Advik being a ghost was a shocker. I was trying to figure out who she would ask out first, and then boom, I got that pop-up. lol

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - WEEK 2 -PART 2 - ANOTHER CHANCE

After that horrendous date with Connor, Daisy decided that she would concentrate on the construction of her house. She now had a kitchen, living area, and bedroom. She just needed to add a bathroom.

While she was working on her house, she had a visitor. Rémy St. Feu, (one of the random sims). He was quite taken with Daisy and they chatted non-stop. And then, he asked if he could move in with her! Um...what?

(I did the cheat where you say yes, but then cancel the move-in to not get a negative moodlet with Rémy. I mean, he might be a potential spouse.) He then said he had to leave. Maybe he was only interested in the house. He does live on an empty lot in Newcrest with 7 other guys, so, yeah, it was the house and not Daisy at all. Ah shucks!

It was Thursday, and out of the blue, Connor Forrest autonomously appeared on the lot and asked Daisy to become BFFs. He must have had a change of heart about her, and she said yes. Okay, well Daisy did post a lot of friendly messages to him on Social Bunny, so maybe that helped, too. But he was here now, so she also took the time to apologize to him and try to get that red bar gone.

She really liked Connor, and so, she took the plunge and asked Connor on a date to Desert Bloom Park and he agreed.

Their date went without a hitch, with no "pee incidents". They fished and chatted and got along very well.

Connor even autonomously gave her a red rose.

Daisy took this as a sign, and had her first kiss with Connor. She got a gold on her date and her relationship status had changed to Lovers and they were both Smitten with each other. Daisy was feeling exuberant and felt that Connor might be "the one". 

But little did Daisy know that things were about to change...

~ ~ ~ 

The next day, the phone was ringing off the hook.

The first call was from Terence Thayer (one of the random sims) asking if he should ask Agnes Crumplebottom on a date. What? Agnes Crumplebottom? Geez, I thought Terence was calling to ask Daisy on a date. With a heavy sigh, Daisy tells him that he should think about it himself. Maybe if Terence thought about it, he would realize that it was really Daisy he wanted to ask on a date. Right?

Almost immediately the phone rang again. Had Terence thought about it? Was Terence calling Daisy back? But no, it was Pierce Combs, (one of the random sims). He was calling to ask Daisy on a date to the Gnome's Arms Pub. Yes! Of course, yes!

Their date went so well, and soon they were at Lovebirds status. Pierce even did an autonomous mistletoe kiss with Daisy! 

Pierce told Daisy that the date with her had been great and that he wanted to see her again.

Oh gosh! Really? Now Daisy was more confused than ever. Apparently, opposites do attract.

I checked out Daisy's romantic relationship panel, and 3 sims were in there. Connor Forrest, Pierce Combs, and Faiz Jaleel. Unless something else happened, one of these three sims would be her new spouse. The burning question was who would it be?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

rosemow
      Hero

It will be great to see which sim will turn out to be her spouse 🙂It is great that the dates in this update went well. 

SoulGal7
        Rising Hotshot

Thank you for reading and commenting. I like to let the game have a hand in her choice. And it will! :)

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - WEEK 3 - PART 1 - FATE INTERVENES

It was Sunday, and Daisy was doing well. She had maxed the gardening skill and even bought a bee box. And the little cowplant berry that she had found fishing was now a full-grown cowplant. She named it Clarabelle.

As Daisy tended her garden, she planned her dating strategy for the week. She had now been on 2 dates with Connor, even though the first date had been a disaster, and 1 date with Pierce. She hadn't been on a date yet with Faiz, but their time together at the Romance Festival still lingered on her mind.

And then she got a call from Pierce Combs. Could it be that he was asking Daisy on a second date? Um..no. He was actually calling to tell Daisy that he had a crush on Vivian Lewis. What? Um...Pierce, didn't you tell Daisy that you had a great time on your date with her? I mean Daisy and Pierce weren't dating exclusively, but still, this was a rather awkward call. I quickly checked Pierce's traits to see if he was non-committal, but he wasn't. And then I saw that he had the erratic trait. It all made perfect sense now. Did he even remember that he had been on a date with Daisy? Daisy advised him to follow his heart and figured that his heart would lead him to Vivian and not her.

Daisy was feeling a bit glum after that call, but then, her phone rang again. It was Faiz Jaleel. Oh gosh! They must have been thinking of each other. And apparently, Faiz had been thinking about Daisy A LOT! But he had been so busy at his flower cart in Tartosa, that he couldn't come for a visit. But what he had to tell her couldn't wait. And that's when he confessed to having a crush on her, and he wanted to hang out with her more. Oh my gosh! Of course! And Daisy agreed that she would love to go on a date. And so, the rest of the day she puttered around her lot waiting for a call from Faiz. A call that never came.

But Faiz had other plans. He must have heard that Daisy had gone on a few dates and that other sims were interested in her. Well...forget a date with her. He chose a bold move and came to her lot and asked her if she wanted to take things to the next level. Oh my gosh! Faiz! They hadn't even gone on a date or even had a first kiss, and he was asking her to be his romantic partner. Well obviously, he was VERY, VERY serious about her. And so, without hesitation, Daisy said yes.

And maybe it was the heat of the sun, or just the giddiness of knowing that someone wanted to be with her, but Daisy made a sudden decision. Daisy decided that Faiz was "the one" and right there, she proposed. And wouldn't you know it? He said yes. 

Faiz was so happy about being engaged to Daisy that he went over to play with Daisy's cowplant. And in celebration of their engagement, the cowplant offered Faiz some chocolate cake! No...no...don't eat the cake! But that chocolate cake was too hard to resist and Faiz just had to have it. And Boom! Eaten by the cowplant. Oh gosh...no...no! They just got engaged Please don't die! But the cowplant decided she didn't like the taste of Faiz and thankfully spat him out. Well, this was certainly a memorable engagement day! lol

Now Daisy could have just eloped with Faiz on the spot, but he was covered with cow goo and needed a shower badly. Plus Faiz had that drained cowplant moodlet and it was rather late. So in talking it over, they decided that they would meet tomorrow at La Coppia Serena wedding venue in Tartosa. Daisy thought this was a perfect plan because she still had to tell Connor Forrest and Pierce Combs that she just wanted to be friends with them.

So, once Faiz left, Daisy called Pierce Combs and invited him over. When he arrived, she told him that she just got engaged and that she just wanted to be friends with him. He took it well, and they hugged each other. He congratulated her and bid her farewell.

Daisy then called Connor Forrest to the lot. He would always be her first love and she told him she was getting married tomorrow. She didn't know what he was feeling, but then he pulled out his camera and they took a photo together. He was happy for her and said they would always be friends. He wished her well and bid her a fond farewell.

With that difficult part behind her, Daisy then started work on her bathroom feeling excited about her wedding to Faiz tomorrow.

rosemow
      Hero

It was a big engagement day with Faiz being eaten by the cow plant! 🙂 I am glad that Clarabelle didn’t like him! I hope the wedding goes well.

SoulGal7
        Rising Hotshot

Thank you for reading and commenting. The whole day was a surprise from the moment Faiz called to the time he just showed up on the lot and wanted to be a romantic partner with her. And then the cowplant...that was priceless.

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - WEEK 3 - PART 2 - WEDDING DAY

The wedding day arrived, and Faiz and Daisy met at the wedding venue. No guests, no flowers, no wedding cake. Just them. It would be perfect as the whole place was set up for a wedding. Faiz was in his regular clothes and Daisy wore a simple floral dress. They chose a nice wedding room and the ceremony began.

It was a beautiful ceremony and soon they were husband and wife. They both were deeply in love and Faiz moved in with Daisy. They now had Amazing Compatability!

Faiz changed into his formal wear and ordered some spaghetti from Zoomers. They had a romantic dinner together.

And the night just got wild from there...as they had their first woohoo in the dumpster. Ah...they didn't care, they were in love.

Their "hot" night continued and suddenly Daisy wasn't feeling too good.

Maybe it was the spicy tomato sauce from dinner...or maybe it was something else! Woot! Daisy wastes no time in conceiving the next generation. Way to go Daisy!

And from the look on Faiz's face when Daisy tells him the news, I think he is in shock. Yep, things move fast in the sims.

~

Over the next few days, Faiz was very attentive to Daisy's needs. He helped her in the garden as much as he could and suggested they form a Family Club. Even though it was only meant for family members, two of Daisy's friends called and asked if they could also join. Faiz and Daisy thought it would be a good idea. They also expanded the house with a new room for the baby.

Faiz worked on his flower arranging skill and listed his floral arrangements on plopsy. The first one he sold was a masterpiece for $8,710 simoleons! Wow!

On Friday, It was "Night On The Town", and Faiz and Daisy went on their first date to the Old Quarter Inn Bar in Windenburg.

And what a night on the town it was indeed as Faiz and Daisy "heated up" the place. Oh gosh! How did you get so dirty Daisy?

But they neglected to get some food, and so when they arrived home, Daisy changed and Faiz ordered some pizza for them.

Over the next few days, Daisy continued to tend her garden and worked on her yoga skill. Although, the only poses she could do while pregnant were the Tree Pose and the Greeting Pose.  She also worked on her meditation skills.

The days continued and before she knew it, Daisy was in her third trimester.

Daisy was feeling uncomfortable a lot, and she knew that it would soon be time for their baby's arrival.

Daisy kept busy and even tried her hand at leading some meditation classes. And it was during one of those classes, that Daisy went into labor!

Oh my gosh! Where was Faiz? He had gone off on a bicycle ride and Daisy needed him!  Would he make it back in time?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

rosemow
      Hero

I hope that Faiz will get back before she gives birth 🙂It was great that Faiz’ first masterpiece  floral arrangement sold for 8,710 simoloeons! 

SoulGal7
        Rising Hotshot

Yes, Faiz better pedal faster! lol I, too, was surprised at what he made on that floral arrangement.

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - WEEK 4 - NOOBOO!

By the time Faiz arrived back from his bike ride, it was too late to head to the hospital, so Daisy had a home birth. And what a surprise it was, as not one, but two babies were born.

Welcome, Basil and Buttercup! Twins! One of these babies will be the Generation 2 heir!

Of course, both Faiz and Daisy loved their nooboos with their whole heart and they were soon good friends with both of them.

Time passed (like a day), and suddenly it was their Infant birthdays! Daisy made them a hamburger cake. 
    Basil aged up first and got the Sunny trait (randomized).

Then it was Buttercup's turn and she got the Wiggly trait (randomized). Oh gosh! And her first quirk! She is a gassy baby!

And, of course, their room got some new cribs. Daisy and Faiz bought them some blocks and a big stuffed cat toy. Daisy placed their playmats in the garden and Basil and Buttercup were quite content there. Daisy dressed them both in yellow and green. Basil had dark hair, like Faiz, and Buttercup had light hair like Daisy.

Basil and Buttercup were growing so fast. 

They had a lot of tummy time with both Daisy and Faiz and were soon learning to sit....

,,,and having their first food in their highchairs...

Daisy was working hard on the garden everyday, and they decided to build a small greenhouse.  Daisy was excited to move her yoga area behind the greenhouse and wanted this space to be surrounded by fruit trees.

She transplanted 5 plants into the greenhouse and was hoping that soon they would be perfect plant specimens. 

Daisy also grew a special flower called the death flower. It only bloomed in winter, and since it was now summer, it needed shelter to thrive.

Daisy's career was flourishing, and she had many promotions. She was now a Botanist and was nearly at the top of her career. She had to purchase a microscope and take microscopic samples of her plants to look at their cell structure. She even took a picture of one and hung it in the house. She also had to increase her logic skill, so they bought a chess set. She was quite adept and soon maxed the logic skill, too.

With all the work and caring for Basil and Buttercup, Faiz and Daisy decided that they would take an overnight vacation with the twins to Granite Falls.

They rented a cabin near a lake, and Daisy was able to go fishing.

She even went on a fishing trip with the park ranger to Granite Falls Forest National Park, and caught many fish. She maxed her fishing skill and completed the Angler's Ace Aspiration. She even caught a dragonfly.

Faiz and Daisy spent a wonderful time together and shared many memories.

But soon their vacation came to an end and they returned home, only to find that their cowplant, Clarabelle had died.

Luckily Daisy had another cowberry, which Faiz planted. Soon, the little cowberry grew and they called this new cowplant, Coralbelle.

rosemow
      Hero

Congratulations to them on the birth of Basil and Buttercup ❤️They are sweet! It is lovely that they enjoyed their vacation to Granite Falls, and that her gardening career is going well. It is nice that the old  dead and new cowplants are together. 

SoulGal7
        Rising Hotshot

Thank you for reading and commenting. Yes, Basil and Buttercup are growing up fast, and Daisy has almost completed all the requirements for Gen. 1.

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - SUMMER  BIRTHDAYS

It was soon time for Basil and Buttercup's Toddler Birthday. Daisy made a hamburger cake again.

Basil was first and he got the Independent trait (random roll). He had a few quirks from his Infant years.

Next was Buttercup, who got the Charmer trait (random roll) and she got the Happy Infant reward.  She also had a few quirks from her Infant years.

The twins were very happy playing in the garden, and both Daisy and Faiz helped them with their skills and sometimes had to discipline them, too.

Basil was quite the wanderer and loved to explore and babble to the plants in the garden.

Daisy seemed to take more of an interest in the wild animals that frequented their home, and soon was friends with a fox. Could this be the Gen. 2 heir?

Even though they were busy with the twins, Faiz always found a moment to declare his love for Daisy.

Daisy continued to lead her yoga classes and soon maxed the wellness skill.

She also reached the top of the Gardener career, and was now a PhD of Pollen. (Daisy has now completed all the requirements for Gen 1, except have 5 perfect plants).

Edmund Leighton (one of the random sims), even came over and gave Daisy a gift on her final promotion. It was gummy bear pancakes.

Faiz continued to work on floral arrangements and practiced the violin. He was invited to be a member of the Garden Gnomes, and he accepted, as the club's activities coincided with their own Family Club. He was very much a stay-at-home Dad.

In preparation for Summer Fun Day (a holiday I made), and the twins' birthday, they added a patio out front.

They invited some friends over, and Basil and Buttercup played in the wading pool. (Barry Varner, one of the random sims, is playing with Basil),

Faiz had found an old stereo in the dumpster and fixed it, and soon everyone was dancing to the music.

And then it was time for the birthday celebration. Both Basil and Buttercup had maxed all their Toddler skills.

Faiz helped Basil blow out his candles, and he received the *Goofball trait and the Playtime Captain Aspiration (randomly assigned).

Daisy helped Buttercup age up, and she received the Geek trait and the Whiz Kid Aspiration (randomly assigned).

Here they are, fresh out of CAS. Clothing colors are a mix of green and yellow.

* Notes: According to the Gen 2 rules, the traits are Geek, Cat Lover and unflirty. When I was assigning their traits I was looking at the Base Game Challenge Rules for Sims in Bloom (traits there are Geek, Goofball and Non-Committal), and incorrectly assigned the Goofball trait to Basil.

rosemow
      Hero

The twins are very sweet! 🙂 It is great that they are now aged up to children stage. Congratulations to Daisy on her promotion to top of the Gardener career. They are very lovely family photos that you posted ❤️

SoulGal7
        Rising Hotshot

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I think the gardening bug is back and almost her whole garden resorted to dirt piles, including those in the greenhouse. I am not sure when these will ever get to perfect. They are at magnificent now. If they don't get there by the time the twins age to teen, I am just going to carry on with whoever will be the Gen 2 heir, since Daisy did grow a death flower, which was optional.

SoulGal7
    Rising Hotshot

SIMS IN BLOOM - DAISY BLOOM - GEN 1 - WEEK 2 - PART 1 - DATING SNAFU

On Sunday and Monday, Daisy continued to garden, fish and go to work. She also headed to Desert Bloom Park in Oasis Springs and did some collecting, and worked on her wellness skill at the spa in Newcrest. She even tried to lead a Yoga class.

Daisy must have met Brenton Ferguson, (one of the random sims), in one of her travels because she had him as an Acquaintance in her relationship panel. Well, I guess he wanted to hang out with her, and called her to come visit his lot. Daisy agreed and got to meet all his roomies. Now that was a gift and she now has all those random sims in her relationship panel and added them all to Social Bunny. While she was visiting, she did some collecting around the lot and then bid everyone farewell.

But dating was on her mind, and it must have been on Connor's mind, too, because on Tuesday, Connor Forrest called her for a date to Pepper's Pub in Britechester. Yes!

When Daisy arrived for the date, a sim was showering in the buff in front of the pub, Daisy thought it was a bit weird, but well, this was a university town, so maybe this is what sims did here. Who knows. She hoped that there wouldn't be any other weird things that happened on the date.

Daisy ordered some drinks (water) and Connor suggested they play juice pong upstairs.

Connor seemed a natural at the game and easily won.

The date was going great. They got on very well, were soon Lovebirds, and they had Good Compatability.

But the date suddenly went downhill, when Daisy had to use the facilities and Connor was already in there. Oh how embarrassing.

And then, to make matters worse, she peed herself on their date. Could things get any worse?

Oh, yes! Yes, they could. The date went from great to horrible, and she now had some red with Connor...no pink anymore. And their relationship status had changed to It's Complicated! No! No! No! 

Plus, Connor thought it was a really bad cringeworthy date. She somehow had to fix this. Her first date ever and she had blown it. What was she going to do?