Forum Discussion

EmeraldEyles
New Rookie
3 years ago

Toggle for consequences in game, would you be interested?

For example with 'consequences' toggled to 'on' kids might have a higher risk of being bullied at school (with consequences such as returning home with dirty or torn clothing that needs to be washed, mended or replaced), kids might be the ones doing the bully resulting in a loss of grades or suspension, teen sims who get under a certain grade in high school would be limited as to what careers they can choose, or clumsy sims might have one of their stumbles result in a consequence where they are injured or break something of value (requiring a consequence of needing medical treatment or having to pay for damages), Sims who visit Sulani and decide to suntan risk a consequence of a serious cancer like illness that may result in death, Kleptomaniac sims who get caught risk ostracisation from the community or public shaming for a period of sims time, and so on, and so forth.

Would you be interested in a toggle like this in the game?
    VWoodsong
    Seasoned Observer
    I wouldn't be interested because I prefer more sandbox-style play and the freedom to make my own rules and consequences for things. I wouldn't necessarily be against having such a toggle if it were to actually be implemented correctly (that is, if it wasn't broken at the start and impinging on my preferred play style even if I have it toggled off, like some of the existing so-called toggles). But really, I have plenty of other games to play when I want my in-game actions to be limited to in-game mechanics for any and all consequences. Any game that tries to be too many things to so many different players is never going to do everything well, and this game already seems to be quickly moving toward that track.