Forum Discussion

EuphorialQueen
Retired Hero
6 years ago

Trade Off - TS4 Game-play Challenge by EQCreations

Introduction:
The Trade Off challenge borrows elements from other game-play challenges.
It is a type of rotational challenge with members in the same household.
It begins simply with two Sims that can only be controlled during assigned time frames.
More on that later but first how about some background to get your creative storytelling juices flowing.

Backstory:
The letter was handwritten on stationary embossed with a strange logo. The envelope has only your name and the logo with no return address. Thinking it is just junk mail you toss it in the bin but then take it back out again when you realize the writing was vaguely familiar. Was it from someone you knew? Just what kind of prank were they trying to pull? "You have been selected for a special project." Yea ... sure. Not going to fall for that trick. As you glance back down at the letter a phrase catches your attention "... and a vast fortune awaits when the assigned tasks are completed". Hmm this could be worth investigating even if it is a fake. "Just wait til I find out which of my friends sent this" you say thinking out loud. You decide it could be worth a good laugh and quickly make note of the address and arrange transportation.

Your story starts here:
Who sent the letter? Was it an old friend or family member? Why was it sent to you ... for what purpose?
There will be someone living on the same lot with you. Are you related, old colleagues or a previous romantic interest or perhaps an enemy from your past or a total stranger?
  • Man... if they went past a year do they "lose". Oscar still hasn't promoted on his off week and next week is spring again.
  • "LegacySims2017;c-16959852" wrote:
    I did start adding romantic interactions between Oreo and Percy. These two are gonna make a cute couple. Oreo’s workout is getting him ripped now. Will have pics when I post week 3.

<3 Looking forward to your update <3
  • "EuphorialQueen;c-16960105" wrote:
    Hi @LilyParker :smile:
    Good to see you. Perhaps you can join the fun soon.

Hi @EuphorialQueen. Always a pleasure! I hope to join in the fun at some point. I still need to finish The Island Challenge before I take on anything new. I'm a bit behind on that as well as I've had a setback IRL. I was laid off two weeks ago. So, now I'm spending time looking for a new job and ways to supplement our income in the meantime. I'd much rather be playing. :wink: Anyway, I'm an optimist at heart and know things will work out. This isn't my first time, so I know the drill. I still love popping into the forum to see others having fun, and this challenge has certainly piqued my interest.
  • "Faoiltearna;c-16960185" wrote:
    Ooof! That's tough. We just went through similar - Husband was laid off at the beginning of the year due to a company merger. Fortunately he got a small severance package which gave us the ability to hang on (with close eye on the budget) until he found a job. He's just completed his first full week of employment, so we can start breathing a little easier now. Hopefully, you'll find something rapidly! :heart: That way you can join us and have fun with this crazy challenge!

Congrats to your husband on landing a new job! It's never fun worrying about money, so I'm glad you're back in business! While my severance lasts, I'm trying to find a role that suits me in a company that values employees' work/life balance. A girl can dream, right? All work and no play makes me cranky. ;)

Thanks for your words of support. I appreciate it!
  • Thank you @EuphorialQueen, I hope I do too! I'm a big fan of SciFi, Fantasy and Horror, so this GP is right up my alley. I'm so excited for it! :) I like the way you explore new packs, I might have to try it that way. I usually start with a brand new unskilled Sim on an empty lot with no simoleons Rags to Riches style. I'm not sure that would be the best way to experience this GP though. But who knows, maybe that would be just fine too. I need a bit more information, but I don't want TOO much information. ;)
  • EQ

This challenge sounds like fun and I am gonna give it a go ... However, I have a few questions before I begin

Neighborhood is up to you with a suggested 30x20 size lot

Can we use a different lot size like 30x30 or 40x40 but nothing bigger than that

Loveseat, sofa or bench for seating (or naps) and single bed for each

Can we use a double bed instead of single bed (WooHoo thinking here ... LOL)

This leads me to believe that we need to use our starting funds to build our houses.
    Can we instead build our houses the way we want and use the FreeRealEstate cheat
    to move into our house

Thanks in advance for your response

• @AuroraBoreallis
    Can we use a different lot size like 30x30 or 40x40 but nothing bigger than that?

Yes you may use any size that suits you :) I just prefer 30x20 as it is easiest for me to manage and helps keep bills low.
    Can we use a double bed instead of single bed (WooHoo thinking here ... LOL)

Of course! Gotta keep that fun meter up :D
    Can we instead build our houses the way we want and use the FreeRealEstate cheat
    to move into our house.

The challenge goals are not money based so ... yes ... that would be allowed if it suits your playing style.
    I hope you can have some fun while playing. It would be great if you would share your story. ;)
  • Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs Updated 10June2020
    Spoiler
    Aspirations June 2020 Eco Lifestyle
    01 Animal - Friend of the Animals (Cats & Dogs)
    02 Athletic - Bodybuilder
    03 Creativity - Painter / Writer / Musician / Master Actor (GF) / Master Maker (EL)
    04 Deviance - Public Enemy / Chief of Mischief
    05 Family - Four choices (Including Super Parent & Vampire Family)
    06 Food - Culinary / Mixology / Grilled Cheese (Unlocked)
    07 Fortune - Wealth / Property
    08 Knowledge - Three choices plus Master Vampire / Archaeology Scholar (JA) / Spellcraft & Sorcery (ROM) /Academic (DU)
    09 Location - City Native (City Living) / Mystery of StrangerVille (StrangerVille) / Beach Life (IL)
    10 Love - Serial Romantic / Soulmate
    11 Nature - Botanist / Fisherman / Curator / Outdoor Enthusiast (OR Pack) / Jungle Explorer (JA) / Purveyor of Potions (ROM) / Eco Innovator (EL)
    12 Popularity - Joker / Friend / Party / Leader of the Pack / Good Vampire / World Famous Celebrity (GF)