Forum Discussion

Amj1995
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

A Graveyard

It would be really nice if the game had a graveyard. I play a lot of families and sometimes I miss the death of certain sims.
A graveyard that collected all the tombstones of the deceased sims, you could go there to collect a tombstone or to drop off a tombstone.
      Simmerville
      Seasoned Ace

Yay, looking forward to learn more aboout the L&D pack :)

I always had graveyards in my game, including long running funeral traditions. Would enjoy adding more features, but prefer to have graveyards combined with other lot categories. Got too few lots in my game to have separate graveyard lots.

EA_Mako
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Locking the discussion here as the original thread was quite old, but feel free to spin up a new thread to keep the discussion going! 😃

CreativeMom_1
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I don't see that being possible, in the way of a cemetary auto adding in sims who die off camera (out of household), to the lot. That cemetary could fill up fast, depending on it's size. With mods, sims can die even faster by certain means.

However just like what SarahsShady said, I've done that myself. It's a good way to create a community cemetary.
    In Sims 3, basically the same thing too, except I'd have the current family I was playing with, buy a small lot to create their family cemetary.
    For me, irl, even a 64x64 lot ain't big enough to create the cemetary right out our windows. There's the old cemetary and the newer portion.
    And yea, it's peaceful here.
  • We know they can make them in this version of the sims because Sims 4: Cats and Dogs has an animal graveyard with animal ghosts. Unfortunately, the gaming industry is really bad when it comes to user experience vs. profit. My best guess is that the Sims 4 team is probably given a big list of things to do in a short time period, which would explain why some things in the game feel half done or don't work. I wouldn't be surprised if a different group within EA came up with the ideas for the games without consulting the game devs about implementation or user experience honestly. I could also be waaay overthinking here but it is well known that the gaming industry is awful to its employees.