Forum Discussion

oilspoil
Newcomer
8 hours ago

Sims is Broken

I updated my sims today, and it broke the entire game. I like to play with mods and cc, so that could have been a factor, but it was horrific. Throughout cas, every option I clicked on had a weird watermark at the bottom of it, and the x button on the top was all messed up. Then, in the actual world, my sims game broke even more. I went into build mode to make a house, and the bar at the bottom just disappeared. The entire thing. Once I got back into Live mode, the issue stayed. I couldn't click on anything, make any decisions, nothing. My notifications wall wasn't showing up, neither was my camera options or the pie menus; All I could do was move around in world. In the end I had to force quit the application in task manager since my game options menu wouldn't show up either. I would try to play without sims, but I'm scared if I open the game again, my entire laptop will explode.

Karamazov123
    Seasoned Vanguard

It's likely the mods. The disappearing UI is probably from a broken UI mod. Why not update some of them now? It's been a day since the new patch, many of your mods should be updated by now.