Forum Discussion

suepixels
New Rookie
6 days ago

1 year later Feedback Horse Pack

After a year finally bought today the EP for Horses. Well, I have to admit,  I made the right decision to wait and purchase it later, and here are the reasons why: 

While Horses and Chestnut Ridge initially promised a captivating equestrian experience, it ultimately falls short of its potential. As someone who isn't deeply invested in horse culture, I purchased this expansion pack primarily for storytelling purposes. However, at its full price, the gameplay content simply doesn't justify the cost in my opinion, and that's why I waited. πŸ˜…

The Western theme, while perhaps appealing to some, didn't resonate with me. πŸ™ƒ I envisioned a more modern and elegant setting, perhaps inspired by the Hamptons or the world of equestrian competitions. A suburban landscape with vineyards would have created a more affluent and competitive atmosphere, aligning with a golf club (gameplay) feeling and the equestrian old-money aesthetic.😍 I guess it's too late for that now, but maybe for another pack it could still come, right?

The world map itself, while visually appealing, felt somewhat generic and reminiscent of previous packs like Strangerville or Oasis Springs. The center reminds me of the ghost town movies where a bunch of hays is rolling and nobody is around. Spooky! 🀣For my taste, a greener, more picturesque environment would have better complemented the equestrian theme.

While I appreciate the nectar-making skill and a few individual items, the overall aesthetic leans heavily toward the Western/Cowboy style. Not very much a versatile expansion pack in my eyes.

The horses themselves are beautifully rendered, but the high-pitched sound they emit is a minor annoyance. Additionally, the build-buy items primarily cater to the Western theme, limiting their usefulness in other builds and in combination with other packs.

After only 30 min. of gameplay, I'm already bored and glad I didn't purchase it at full price as I would have been highly disappointed. 

In conclusion, Chestnut Ridge had the potential to be a truly exceptional expansion pack. However, its missed opportunities in terms of setting, theme, and gameplay ultimately leave it feeling somewhat underwhelming.

Just a couple of thoughts I wanted to express and see how others view this pack after a year. How do you guys view this pack after a year - are you still playing it actively?  I think I won't be much in Chestnut Ridge, lol.