Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Seasoned Rookie
7 years ago

Aging and Training Pets

Hi all,

I have two questions. One being how do I age up a puppy or pet if my auto aging is turned off? My second being I have been taking the puppy outside as asking them to go the the bathroom and they do and then I have a sim praise them. Is this a successful way to potty train them? Or should there be a snack involved? Also, are kids not able to bring pets up and down the stairs?

• I don't have any other pack just cats and dogs and the main game
  • > @DeadFishy said:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have two questions. One being how do I age up a puppy or pet if my auto aging is turned off? My second being I have been taking the puppy outside as asking them to go the the bathroom and they do and then I have a sim praise them. Is this a successful way to potty train them? Or should there be a snack involved? Also, are kids not able to bring pets up and down the stairs?

1. I don't know
    2. yes
    3. They should be able to... mine have
  • "DaisyBooBoo;c-16414532" wrote:
    how do you age up a pet?

I can't find the treat.

If your sim has a high vet skill they can make it or you can buy it from the vet's office at the little refrigerator.
  • As for when do you know if your pet has learned the trick? You should get a pop-up letting you know (animal's name) has learned how to -----. The way you're going about the potty training is just the way to do it. Unless, in RL, it's a Beagle. Then you give them treats as incentives. In the game, I don't think it's entirely necessary, but I give the dogs a treat because it's a friendly thing to do.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,090 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago