Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Are Game Changers Still Relevant?

I recently unsubscribed from a popular Sims Game Changer on Youtuber because they hardly ever released new content. And it made me think- I feel like the "Game Changers" don't really add much to the Sims community anymore.

Back in the day, we had creative Let's Play videos, machinimas and building videos that were creative and intersting. People that generally enjoyed the game and what it offered.

Now, Let's Plays are dead. The Game Changers only post building videos and videos reacting to new content/ news. Or some random "use every color in one room" challenge. And that's it.

Game Changers seem totally apathetic about the game. I understand the game can get boring after 6 years, but shouldn't they show a bit more interest when it's literally your job?..

I honestly never listen to the opinion of a Game Changer anymore. I can never completely trust them. Are they giving this pack a positive rating because they actually like it, or are they just worried EA will kick them off the program? I can't really trust their opinions with this thought in mind.

What do you think? Do you think Game Changers are still relevant? Or is this a dying form of marketing for EA? Or is The Sims 4 too old to salvage with Game Changers?