Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Are my Butlers Cursed?!

We hired a lovely butler and she was a great worker but she suddenly died at a young age and I have no idea what happened to her.

She was replaced by an elderly butler who was USELESS. After 4-5 Sim days of her not cooking, cleaning, or helping with the kids we fired her. Seriously the only thing this lady did was read books, watch tv and have baths in the family bathroom when the kids needed to get ready for school.

Her replacement was another wonderful young hard working woman like the first one and two days after hiring her she was dead too! Why are they dying? I have a butler quarters made for them with their own bed assigned to them, their own shower and toilet and I've double checked they could access it. Are they starving in our home, like do they need their own fridge too? The notiication only said give themm a bed. Seriously? What am I doing wrong?

Also, after the death of the second butler her replacement that just showed up was the one we fired again... *sigh* let's see if she does better this time.
  • "SimAlexandria;c-16913141" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-16912947" wrote:
    Interesting. I've seen a lot of complaints about the butlers but this is a new one :D

As for me, I've had the same one since VG came out and I love him, he's been great.

Sounds like you were very lucky hahaha!

Yeah, based on the stories I've been hearing I'll probably do everything in my power to hang onto this one :D
  • Since Butlers don't work quite as well as I like them too in my game, my super rich families I've taken to giving them a live in butler-type sim that I control. I sure would prefer the game's coding with Butlers to work better, but it's made for some interesting stories in my game just designating sims to act in the way the Butler normally would. Also gives me someone to play when everyone else is off at work/school.
  • ^That would be fine if I wasn't trying to control 8 at once already, only 3 of which leave the house haha. I can barely keep up with their needs.
  • Every time I get a new one, cause they do cycle, I immediately get them into cas to make them young adult. The old farts seem to work less. Didn't save one of the recent ones though, for some reason right after using the indoor pool, she went out in her bathing suit... during a blizzard 2 hours after I hired her. Mine seem active for a day or two, then all they do is read, everywhere.
  • @SimAlexandria You certainly have your hands full. One thing I've started doing is just hiring a maid only when I need one. I get tired of being charged for the maid service every time I enter CAS.
  • Thx fir sharing the curse lol, just had a vamp Butler die, in the middle of my house and no idea why. She wasn't even outside.
  • "Galactrix;c-16913079" wrote:
    My butlers do need to eat. I see them grab something to eat when they have a break. Did you ban your butlers from the kitchen and they starved to death? They seem to have all the normal needs like getting tired and needing sleep. Can't remember if I've ever seen them go to the toilet or bathe.

I don't rely on the game to give me what I want, so I made some sims I liked into butlers using career cheats.

its strange, never seen any of my butlers eat once.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,078 PostsLatest Activity: 7 minutes ago