Forum Discussion

• My favorite play style is to recreate each expansion pack until the whole world is completely made new. This means I need to base income on rules that I constantly adjust. The short explanation is that I base income on neighborhood and home price, but also many other things like social status, occupation and overall story line.
    Daravi
    New Traveler
    @waterywatermelon

Not really, at the beginning I had no plan and didn't expect to stay in this save for long, it was already hard enough during the first decade. In the first decade I let the mother of new born tripletts die in due of bad healthconditions and later children could die from the deathrolls in ww2. I'm playing an adaptation of the decadechallenge for my own country and these deathrolls were the hardest. Mccc made many handling in this challenge easier, once I have installed it and I'm grateful for this mod. But this is too off-topic now. If you have further questions about the challenge, please check this thread, where you can ask so many questions as you want.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816128/decades-challenge/p1

Cutecoffeegal took care of the rules and she has the current rules on her website.

https://cutecoffeegal.com/decadeschallengerules/

Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    My sims are rich, but I play in a way that makes them spend tons of money, so it balances out. But I still can't help but think that the 20,000 and 30,000+ paintings are excessive.

Their bills are more than 60,000/week.
    On holidays, they give away 10,000 to most young relatives.
    Sometimes they donate 10,000 to charity or just throw it into a fire (depending on the sim).
    They buy 100,000 - 350,000 simoleon homes for the children who move out (this will probably go up for the next generation).
    They're also buying another 500,000+ simoleon home for themselves (I'm using a mod, but if I weren't I'd have it be a vet clinic or retail store that never opened).