Forum Discussion

Wyrren
New Spectator
8 years ago

Baby/Toddler Vampires

So if a human and vampire have a baby will they baby be half vampire? A chance to be full vampire or full human 50/50? Or just human?

I wanted a vampire baby, and I couldn't find any vampires other than caleb right at first, and I didn't want to mess up his marriage. So I took my vampire girl to a club and tried for baby in the closet with the most available guy she could find. aka Don. The baby was human.

Just wondering if this has been discussed or answered anywhere. Thanks!
    Wyrren
    New Spectator
    I took my toddler into CAS and she was indeed a human. I didn't look at the needs bar before I did it...
    But my sim turned her... (using a cheat!)
    And the needs bar is the vampire one now. If it wasn't before... I don't know.
  • I have the game pack but I haven't played the vampires yet. I'm collecting info so I can figure out how to fit them into my game. I know that child vampires don't get their powers until they are teens. Do vampires feed off of or convert toddlers and children?
  • I have a quick question I had 2 vampires have kids and their toddlers hunger, bladder, and sleep does not go down I thought this was a glitch and tried many different families and still the same results is this normal.
    MVWdeZT
    Seasoned Scout
    "ALAYZIA13;15603708" wrote:
    I have a quick question I had 2 vampires have kids and their toddlers hunger, bladder, and sleep does not go down I thought this was a glitch and tried many different families and still the same results is this normal.

No. My vampire toddler needed to eat, sleep, and go potty.
  • As already posted above, check the sim icon:

Child vamp, it has fangs on it.

Non vamp, no fangs.

• "MaggieMarley;c-17216815" wrote:
    "TygerNight;c-17216698" wrote:
    I want to know why I've never had a vampire baby who actually got FANGS when they aged up. EVER. I've had many, many vampire babies and my current one just aged up to teen, manifesting powers and all. Except for FANGS. I personally had overlarge canines myself and loved my 'fangs' and want my vamps to have them too. I'm tired of loading up 'change Sim' and not finding any way to alter their teeth, not even in the dark form. What is the problem?

@TygerNight I would have said that you just got unlucky since mine sometimes age up with fangs and sometimes don’t, but there should be an option to change their teeth to fangs in CAS (I assume you’re using the CAS.fulleditmode cheat with testingcheatsenabled on?). If that option isn’t there then it sounds like a bug.

I'm playing on a PS4 and going after trophies as well. I don't generally like to use cheats (though I have in the past) but using them now will disable my trophies.

I've created fanged Vampires in CAS but why would there be no vampire options when you're trying to edit their DARK FORM in the first place? I can't even give my teen vamp vampire-themed MAKEUP ffs. This is ridiculous.
  • Did anyone else experience a spellcaster/vampire hybrid I had a spellcaster sim who was in a relatship with caleb but the games crashed but when they had a baby it had a vampire icon but also has the spellcaster trait passed down I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not
    Magdaleena96
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "laq87;c-17302459" wrote:
    Did anyone else experience a spellcaster/vampire hybrid I had a spellcaster sim who was in a relatship with caleb but the games crashed but when they had a baby it had a vampire icon but also has the spellcaster trait passed down I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not

Either you really did get a hybrid, or you got a vampire with the magical bloodline trait. The bloodline trait doesn't inherently make them a spellcaster, but they will have a much easier time becoming a spellcaster if they're not already another occult, and they'd also have a few extra perks as a spellcaster.

So, if your vampire with the magic bloodline trait got a human child, the human can EASILY become a spellcaster by talking to a sage in the magic realm. No fetch quest required.
    (I'm not 100% about this bit, as I'm mostly basing this information on how it was like to turn a human with the ancient bloodline trait to a spellcaster. I cheated that trait. So I'm not sure exactly how it works in gameplay.)
  • Thank you I'm hoping it will happen again without the game crashing to see how it works and how the child would grow whether vampire or spellcaster or full hybrid would be interesting to see