Forum Discussion

Pegasyms
New Spectator
5 years ago

Bills are too low for rich sims?

So, I love the new billing system - but bills are too low for rich sims, at least for the one family I have been playing. I don't know if this is intended or a tuning problem/bug. My rich family has the largest house in Brindleton Bay, worth over $200,000. Their weekly bills, with thermostat on, in fall/winter, came to only $460. The "Lot Taxes" part of the bill was $300. I thought maybe there would be other taxes added on, but nope - they were $0.

In comparison, I played a whole week of a single sim in Willow Creek in a small house/lot worth around $12,000. This sim's Lot Tax part of the bill was a bit over $200. At the end of the week her bill was $424 - which seems reasonable (she was not being careful about her power/water usage).

Before, I appreciated having higher bills for larger lots. I'm really really hoping this is a bug, or are there taxes at the end of the month? Because this is not appropriately scaled. I liked having the challenge of having to pay a few thousand dollars or more per week.

Update: So I completely removed my Mods folder, and moved a test sim into a new house worth $155,000. The Lot Value portion of the bill is still just $300. Someone else mentioned something about taxes, but I haven't seen that go above $0. So is this a real change - has anyone seen their bills higher than a few hundred?