Forum Discussion

Airakale
New Spectator
6 years ago

Can’t get perfect bizarre fruit. By design or a bug?

So my sim planted the bizarre fruit from the curio shop, evolved it to perfect quality, and after nurturing it got, you guessed it, a normal quality bizarre fruit. I feel like because of the different mechanism for bizarre plant and other plants to bear harvestables this might as well be designed by producers, yet it just makes leveling bizarre plant meaningless as normal bizarre fruit doesn’t worth much and the plant itself has zero value.
I hope it’s just a bug of my own game......
  • I'm trying to grow a perfect garden with every plant as well and was wondering why my Bizarre fruit wouldn't grow. However, it's evolved to Magnificent. I've read on here in this thread and others that you can take a cutting and splice to another plant to get perfect fruit. But... how? I don't have the option to take a cutting.

It sounds like I need to progress the StrangerVille story up to the bloom when the lab door is opened with someone so the Bizarre fruit plants actually grow and THEN take a cutting, splice it on another perfect plant IN StrangerVille and then wait for a perfect Bizarre fruit to appear?

Or will Bizarre fruit actually grow from a cutting spliced on to another plant regardless of where it is grown? I'm very confused... o.O

EDIT:
    "invisiblgirl;c-17039210" wrote:
    (I also have the option to 'nurture' my bizarre fruit plant - what does this do? Should my Sim be wearing a hazmat suit when dealing with this plant?)

The option to 'nurture' is how you get the plant to produce a Bizarre fruit from it. I know that much from playing through the story. I wouldn't worry about wearing a Hazmat suit when doing it either. My Sim never got infected while nurturing to get Bizarre fruit. It does send out a cloud of spores when you nurture though. So, if you're worried, it wouldn't hurt to wear one anyway, just in case. :)
  • Congratulations @invisiblgirl! When you grafted to your growfruit tree, were you in StrangerVille? I still am wondering if I need to be in StrangerVille when grafting or if I can just get the cutting, take it back home and graft it to something in my home garden.
  • I got my first perfect bizarre fruit from grafting with a perfect Death Flower plant and then later nurtured a whole bizarre fruit plant to perfect quality. I stuck the single fruit and the whole (non-spliced) plant together in a single room, if that's helpful to anyone:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ADB5C32B532811E9875E033D2F3B18E4

(I was also nurturing a perfect UFO plant at the time, so I stuck that in the room, too. Figured alien plants could be friends.) I put the death flower/bizarre fruit spliced plant in my Crazy Botanist's Lab just because it made sense.
  • @invisiblgirl Ouch! That's rough. They're going to have some interesting stories to tell.