Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Cannot Get Married?

I'm not posting this in the bugs section because I'm assuming it's not a bug, just something I don't understand.
Edit: The more I look into this, the more it is definitely a bug.
My sim is engaged and the two marriage interactions are greyed out, with the message "Marrying a Sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship."
Does that mean her job won't allow her to marry? She's an internet personality. I don't get why that would prevent her from marrying. x.x
Update:
Luckily this Sim has the Serial Romantic aspiration, so she had several boyfriends and girlfriends lined up. I dumped the first guy and tried marrying two more people and I'm getting the same message. The weird thing is that the option will randomly be available for a minute and then if I click it, the action will cancel and it will be greyed out again. And I can't seem to notice any specific pattern with when the option becomes available. With the first fiance, I even tried adding him to the family and employing him. Still got the same message. And when I added him, his marriage option to marry the girl was there, but it would just immediately cancel every time I clicked it.