Forum Discussion

4 years ago

can't enable my mods folder

the game will not enable my mods every since the update yesterday does anyone know how i can fix this
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "sweetface44;c-17745103" wrote:
    "shorty943p;c-17745018" wrote:
    If you are missing skins or skintones are other CAS custom content.
    Say goodbye to it

This update has destroyed years of creators work and our games.

Are you saying that all of the cc we had before yesterday won't work today and I need to start over

My non-default custom skins/overlays still work. If yours are glitchy or not showing up properly, I wouldn't worry too much - I think CC creators will be able to fix them.
  • "Pamtastic72;c-17745166" wrote:
    @sweetface44 try this. I found it in another thread.

"SpicedCocoa;c-17744804" wrote:
    > @xXmareliXx said:
    > My game keeps saying mods are disabled even though I have enabled them, applied the changes in the settings, checked to make sure it's checked off and then restarted my game. I've done this a few times already, what should I do now?

I was having the same issue. What fixed the problem for me was deleting my "GameVersion" file. Apparently sometimes that file doesn't update it's info properly and will cause the issue you are experiencing.

Will this delete my saved games also and where is this file located?
  • ._. Unno going on with the cause I don't have cc skins I did the update like supposed to and plus with my other mods still nope I disable my mod folder everything looks fine but once turn it back on and still glitch I repair my game still acting odd.
  • "sweetface44;c-17745257" wrote:
    "Pamtastic72;c-17745166" wrote:
    @sweetface44 try this. I found it in another thread.

"SpicedCocoa;c-17744804" wrote:
    > @xXmareliXx said:
    > My game keeps saying mods are disabled even though I have enabled them, applied the changes in the settings, checked to make sure it's checked off and then restarted my game. I've done this a few times already, what should I do now?

I was having the same issue. What fixed the problem for me was deleting my "GameVersion" file. Apparently sometimes that file doesn't update it's info properly and will cause the issue you are experiencing.

Will this delete my saved games also and where is this file located?

you should move your save and tray files to the desktop or to another mode of back up (flash drive maybe) just to make sure.
  • https://twitter.com/simgurunick/status/1336741474105315328?s=21

My game didn’t experience this problem but just to test, I copied my save, mods, and tray folders and deleted this .txt document. Then restarted my game. The game generated a new updated .txt document and left my saves, tray, and mods folders undisturbed.
  • "sweetface44;c-17745103" wrote:
    "shorty943p;c-17745018" wrote:
    If you are missing skins or skintones are other CAS custom content.
    Say goodbye to it

This update has destroyed years of creators work and our games.

Are you saying that all of the cc we had before yesterday won't work today and I need to start over

I have finally organized my Mods folder. I name an inside folder for each mod and I have broken down my 18th century cc into categories. That way it's easier to pull a folder to see which item mod or cc is causing the grief. Have you tried a brand new game? Sometimes the older games get corrupted. Starting over may well give you a better idea of what's working and what isn't. So far, so good. But it is imperative you remove your Mods folder prior to patching the game. To prevent it from doing so automatically, go into Origin and select settings, I believe it is. You should find a list of actions with a toggle on the right on/off. Turn off automatic update. Even if you intend to update immediately, this will give you a chance to pull that Mods folder so things in it won't become corrupted. Been there, done that, don't care to have it happen again.

Hope you find this useful. Good luck.
  • I've been trying everything here, but nothing seems to work.. I'm now redownloading my game again, have deleted all of my cc and gamefiles which I spent so long on.. If it still doesn't work after the redownload, what can I do?