Forum Discussion

The_Mercuria
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

Enable free build

Howdy,

I have cheats questions.
What exactly is enablefreebuild? I know about teatingcheats true and use cheats occasionally but I can't figure this out.

Google gives me mixed results so I need y'all. My goal is to build anywhere without using T.O.O.L.
Now, I have I Installed twistedmexi's script mods but don't know if they're compatible with horse ranch so removed them.

Can someone explain free build to me as though I'm a techologically impaired toddler?

Please and thank you!
  • "becks1112;c-18301571" wrote:
    It means that you can use build/buy mode without it costing you any money. It also means that you can build/buy on lots that aren't yours.

It's especially useful for dorms in Discover University and career lots from Get to Work. As far as I'm aware, even though no one asked, you still can't use it in the Secret Lab in Strangerville. I could be totally wrong on that. I've never tried it.
    SimplyJen
    Rising Spectator
    The cheat is for building on secret lots like the hospital (Get to Work) and science lab (Get to Work) to name a few. Here's all the secret lots:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_lot

T.O.O.L is a mod that let's you take objects off lot.

There's no cheat to build off the lot.
    SimplyJen
    Rising Spectator
    You can tell if a mod is compatible by looking at the mod information provided. Most creators will note a patch level, packs required, or if a mod doesn't need an update. You can also read comments to find more info sometimes. Latest patch notes under Announcements will have the patch levels posted.

I would say there's not a mod out there to do what you're looking for (building houses outside of lots) but I don't know that 100%. I've never seen it myself anyway. TwistedMexi has a CAW (Create-A-World) mod. As far as I can see, it's behind a Patreon paywall. I don't know anything about it or if it does what you're looking for but it may be worth Googling/YouTube if you're interested in something like that. He makes videos about his mods.
    https://youtube.com/@TwistedMexi
    Spoiler
    :warning: If you are new to mods, it could be a challenge for you at first. TwistedMexi has some awesome popular mods that are always updated quickly but tend to break most patches. These mods also have extra steps when installing/uninstalling. Just a friendly reminder if mods needing an update often is a deal breaker or if you are not comfortable with extra steps.
    SimplyJen
    Rising Spectator
    "The_Mercuria;c-18302538" wrote:

I appreciate the comments! Yes, my goal was to build off the lot completely. My main goal was to remove the hockey / ice skating rink from Newcrest and replace it with common sense park items. It's placed across the walkway so it irritates me.

I have used the tool mod to decorate outside of my lot. It's really convenient!
    Currently I have twistedmexi's BBB which is so convenient. I'll see if he has updated tool to be compatible with horse ranch.

Thanks again for all the comments, it's really helpful! ❤️
    For deleting objects off lot, you have to use mods as the cheat to do so was patched out years ago.

Destroy Object Cheat + All Cheats mods by TwistedMexi.
    You will need to hop into live mode in order to destroy the object.
    type in the cheat testingcheats true then shift+left-click (on the rink) to Destory Object (Debug)
    MCCC also has a way to do this I'm pretty sure... been a while since I tried. Different instructions to do so if you want to use MCCC instead.

You may be able to delete the roller/ice rink this way but they spawn with Seasons so assume it will pop back up at some point.
    edit: forget the mention of a mailbox :sweat_smile: I pasted instructions from another comment of mine. fixed now
    SimplyJen
    Rising Spectator
    You can also go to the game directory (where the game is installed) The Sims 4 > delete EP05 (Seasons)
    This is to uninstall whatever pack. That tool I linked makes it easy to determine the pack numbers so you can find them in the game directory. You can install that pack again once it's uninstalled. I've never done this myself so I don't know if the EA app will constantly try to reinstall once the game is patched or if you have automatic updates turned on.
    allthemore44
    Seasoned Newcomer
    It means that you can use build/buy mode without it costing you any money. It also means that you can build/buy on lots that aren't yours.

• I appreciate the comments! Yes, my goal was to build off the lot completely. My main goal was to remove the hockey / ice skating rink from Newcrest and replace it with common sense park items. It's placed across the walkway so it irritates me.

I have used the tool mod to decorate outside of my lot. It's really convenient!
    Currently I have twistedmexi's BBB which is so convenient. I'll see if he has updated tool to be compatible with horse ranch.

Thanks again for all the comments, it's really helpful! ❤️
  • Thank you! Yeah, Seasons does things I don't like. That rink, weather in build mode, seasonal decorations on my build that I didn't ask for (that irritates me the most).

I like a lot of the build/buy and CAS items but am willing to part with them if I could just delete that entire pack.
    SimplyJen
    Rising Spectator
    "The_Mercuria;c-18302579" wrote:
    Thank you! Yeah, Seasons does things I don't like. That rink, weather in build mode, seasonal decorations on my build that I didn't ask for (that irritates me the most).

I like a lot of the build/buy and CAS items but am willing to part with them if I could just delete that entire pack.

James Turner Disable Tool
    It's a code that you paste into the EA app with what packs you want to disable. His page makes it really easy with clear instructions. This won't uninstall the pack or remove it from your account. It simply disables it so it's like you aren't running the Seasons pack. You can undo it by going back and removing that code.

• Thank you! I didn't know James Turner had an app for that so I'll definitely try it out.