Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Cats and Dogs VS Time Management

Out of curiosity here, how is everyone making out with managing their sims daily schedules and activites since the addition of the Cats and Dogs EP?

Prior to the release of C&D I already found the game's time management system a bit of a tolerence tester... with sims taking over an hour to eat a bowl of cereal.... or 15-20 minutes to walk to the next room. And don't even get me started on the amount of minutes they waste just standing there doing nothing waiting for the queve to finally activate their next action.

I just completed a camping trip for my family (2 adults, 1 teen, 1 dog). I got the sims out of bed at 4:30am to prepare them for their vacation. Each one had to pee, shower, and eat. It was a few minutes after 11am before I was able to get them out of the door. Almost 7 sims hours later.

With the pets being a bit demanding, and the game's time clock spinning by as it does, is anyone finding themselves racing against the clock?

(Just to offer an example)
..... My Sim teen, Monday to Friday, is busy (waking state) from 6am to 6pm. She gets up for school no later than 6am, and she is almost kinda ready for school by 8am. She's gone at school until 3pm. From 3pm (now home from school) she needs about 3 hours to fix her needs again after being at school all day. She also needs to be back in bed by about 10pm-11pm for school the next day. That leaves her 4-5 hours of sim time for other activites. Unfortunately, 4-5 hours of sim time goes by in about 10 minutes of real time.... which doesn't leave her much time for a life of her own Mon-Fri .... let alone take on the added responsibility of a pet.

My two adult sims have simular stories being that they both work. They both have a bit of extra time however being that they only work 4 days a week, but, because of managing their needs vs the time clock, and trying to "give them a life to live" ... having even a single pet that is a bit needy can add to the frustrations of trying to manage the sim's daily schedule.

How's life for your sims?