Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Close Knit/People Person lifestyles need and update

So I have a sweet little family of 4. Grandma, 2 parents and a child. All the adults gain a close knit lifestyle. Baby number 2 comes along and Bam, ugly moodlets all over that house because they now have more than 3 friends, but 100% of their friends are family members. I had a bigger family that everyone started getting the people person lifestyle. Siblings moved out and bam, ugly moodlets everywhere.

If I like to stay a home with my family - I am probably not a people person, and if my only friends are my family - no matter how big that family is it shouldn't mean I am not close knit because I actually like my family members. Game needs to be able to differentiate between friends and family.
  • I'm not a fan of the Lifestyles. Almost every sim is guaranteed to get the People Person lifestyle and then all it does is make my sims sad. In my game I play rotational so every time I switch to a different family they have like a million friends that they made while I wasn't playing with them and as those friends start peeling off one by one because I can't be bothered to keep up to so many friendships they get sad. It's like an endless cycle of my sims being sad because they lost friends that I didn't want them to have in the first place.

I even downloaded a mod that made the amount of sims required higher and still all my family got this the people lifestyle.