Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Dear Maxis, please add more traits and aspirations!

The following image is taken from Carl Sim's Guides
https://preview.redd.it/ei8dlazq4ut41.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ade4b31522f4b400e3e48b29e1672b6942919fee

The Sims 4 not been adding many traits with every expansion. The current traits tend to give moodlets and don't affect the gameplay dynamically. The Sims 3 had so many traits with every expansion that not only gave moodlets but affected the way the Sims all interacted. In The Sims 3 the brooding trait for example use to realistically let those Sims take longer to shower which concurs with someone who would spend a lot of time pondering on things.
https://media.tenor.com/images/5ac91c699e262e65d3445e8bb09ff694/tenor.gif

Let's look at the technophobe trait. I used to love using that and making a technophobe sims destroy electronics everywhere to upset other sims. (Any emotions/ moodlets? No, just pure behaviour due to a trait)I remember the absent minded trait which would be so challenging for me when I played with Connor Frio from Sunset Valley. I had to actually keep focused on the game to help him complete tasks (he has really genetics so I used to use him a lot) so I can fulfill my storytelling.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8e662531884f9744c46606e1aeea94c6/tenor.gif?itemid=9715513

I miss the unlucky trait because I used to have fun leaving those Sims on their own to fall into misery without me having to actually force drama for the sake of storytelling. From fires starting abruptly, coffee machines breaking down on them to the house getting robbed as if jinxed. (by the way WHERE ARE THE BURGLARS AND POLICE ARRESTS IN TS4 ALREADY??!?!?) I miss the way traits used to affect the world around the sims versus a moodlet appearing for some fleeting hours! I had to force a Sims to get mortified last week so he could die and lend some credibility to my family legacy I'm doing, then get another to jump into the shark pool ninneteen times before she finally got mauled to death. I think the morality of Sims is too protected in The Sims 4 but that's whole other rant. Nevertheless, dear MAXIS, we need more traits and aspirations, sincerely a longtime fan.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2872567668232e4cf665d2adcba26f98/tenor.gif?itemid=11955164

• I SO agree with those that state they'd buy a pack just for a personality traits and aspirations overhaul! The personality is what is at the CORE of SIms gameplay. So EA can add all the superficial content and gameplay they want, but without rich personalities, then playing any scenario out becomes generic quickly. I want to see personalities matter more. If they could give us up to 5 trait slots, and more likes/dislikes (like the technophobe, for eg.). They KIND of got into that with the movies, where some sims like or dislike certain genres. or with he politics in San Myshino. But the problem for us Simmers is that the personality just stops there. It doesn't MATTER if a Sims prefer horror or comedy. Nothing in their interests matter to their lives. Here's bigger example, in the romance department, every Sim is equally attractive or unattractive. when getting to kno9w a Sim, it'd be awesome to find out about shared likes (OMG he's also a horror fan, AND we love the same music AND we obsess over the same celebrities - we must be soul mates) Mischief is another one - oh don't get me started == that is weakly done in the game. When it comes to being bad or making mischief, it doesn't REALLY matter. It helped when they added in reputation, but there's so much more that could be done. Simmers don't want a utopia where everyone likes everyone else, we want to experience all different kinds of relationships and family feuds and drama. Dear EA, give our Sims personalities so we can bring on the drama!!
  • Wouldn't it be cool if the experiences and activties of kids and teens actually formed their personality likes and dislikes? For example, a teen who plays a lot of video games might form a "like" for sci-fi or fantasy, or make them more likely to befriend a magician. Or one who reads a lot of romance novels earns a bookworm trait and a romantic trait. Someone who never went swimming might end up a waterphobe and hate swimming later (or even risk drowning). Or a kid who draws a lot or makes crafts might become artistic, giving boosts to crafting skills later in life. I know that sounds complicated but even a simplified system would be awesome!
  • "zensluv;c-17648019" wrote:
    Wouldn't it be cool if the experiences and activties of kids and teens actually formed their personality likes and dislikes? For example, a teen who plays a lot of video games might form a "like" for sci-fi or fantasy, or make them more likely to befriend a magician. Or one who reads a lot of romance novels earns a bookworm trait and a romantic trait. Someone who never went swimming might end up a waterphobe and hate swimming later (or even risk drowning). Or a kid who draws a lot or makes crafts might become artistic, giving boosts to crafting skills later in life. I know that sounds complicated but even a simplified system would be awesome!

That's a great idea, I would love that so much
  • I wanted more and better traits for so long ??? and I wish they would drop the emotions thing also and make the traits meaningful. The emotions system is already fully integrated though. The most we can hope for is added fear and improvement.
    So I just wish for more and better traits ???

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,077 PostsLatest Activity: 7 days ago