Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Do you have transgender sims?

I’ve had quite a few in my save. There’s Tyler Patel; a lovely MtF who married Greyson Dove who happened to be FtM (he passed away a while ago.) There’s also a good family friend Ariana Rosado, Natalie Grey and Russell Ash. Tell me about all of yours!!
  • Not really. In the past there was a male dressing in female clothes, for a story of mine where he was a friend of a family over generations without them knowing (s)he was male. It created some interesting story twists, but that sim was not really played out, but mostly living in my cas album.
  • "belpita;c-16827890" wrote:
    I used to have quite a lot when the patch was first introduced. But some of the clothing options or rather, how the clothes fit annoys me, so that stops me sometimes from creating transgender Sims.

I do however play a lot of general LGBT, either using the "get/make pregnant" option for both genders or finding a random townie of any gender to start a relationship with my Sim(s). Many times I've had this idea for a boy-meets-girl story, but then some handsome stranger comes along and my initially straight Sim just can't help themselves - lol!

I've had that with a gallery neighbour I placed and she met my daughter sim and they just hit it off (to the point she - my sim - had a whim to try for a baby and I hadn't swapped that option... so I couldn't deny her and went in and changed it)
  • Not as such, but I'm glad they gave us that option - when I play a couple, they're always gay or lesbian, so I can appreciate how important this is to transgender people.

I do use the pregnancy options with my lesbian Sims, and the ability to use female hair for male Sims is a godsend. I should probably explore men's clothing for my butch (can I say that?) girls - they don't have enough options in women's clothing.
  • I have one, but I rarely playing as him. I even forgot that he's exist... I felt horrible
  • "NathanA;c-16830362" wrote:
    Whenever I make transgender Sims I just make them the gender they identify as

Isn't this how everyone does it? And then just changes whether they get pregnant or not? It *is* offensive to say you've got a trans woman and give them a male...
  • "roBurk;c-16938742" wrote:
    I can definitely understand being wary about telling a story about transition when you're not transgender yourself. What about adding one of your trans townies to the household through marriage or something? That wouldn't necessarily involve doing anything differently.

If one of them ever winds up falling for one, I would! But I don't know if I'd actually spell out they were trans, because that feels weird to me. But maybe I should spell it out? I don't know!

• "SimmerBoi;c-16943163" wrote:
    I actually made Yuki Behr into a MTF and she's gorgeous.

Ooh nice! I wanna see!!
    Magdaleena96
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "mika;c-16943552" wrote:
    No, I haven't, but I view some Sims as trans like Darling from City Living

Oh, Darling Walsh is absolutely under the trans umbrella. They definitely come across that way to me. (gosh, i wish neutral pronouns were an option we could pick in-game... they should subtly patch it in, my self sims need them hahah)

"berrybelle;c-16942931" wrote:
    i sure do!
    i'm trans IRL (nonbinary, personally) and almost all of my OCs and such are trans, it's just... what i'm used to. the same way most cisgender heterosexual people make characters that are like them, i make characters that are like me!

Hey, me too! Except I'm not out irl. But yeah, people do tend to create characters like themselves. Pretty much all of my OCs share at least one trait with me. Gotta make them at least somewhat personally relatable if I wanna write or play with them, right?

"berrybelle;c-16942931" wrote:

the gender patch definitely made it easier and more accurate, and made TS4 much more enjoyable for me, and for my trans friends!
    i am glad that is a feature that you can easily ignore though, so that there is no ill will between LGBT and non-LGBT simmers. just having the tools there if you want to use them is kind of what The Sims is about, imo!

Hard agree. It's one of the things I really miss whenever I revisit the earlier games.

"LosaruTaiyo;c-16943625" wrote:
    @Magdaleena You're awesome BTW. Also wanted to say though that I think Einarr looks quite good with the long hair and looks so bummed out when he has it cut short in that one shot. :joy: <3

Ahhhh, bless you!! You're really sweet. <3

And yeah, his expressions about it are pretty accurate, ha.