Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Does the debug cheat not work on console?

I tried using the show hidden objects cheat but nothings showing up and when I go to see if it works when I search debug it bugs the search bar
  • I can't access debug at all.

Can someone type out how to do so on PS4 and Xbox without and with Keyboard? It would be much appreciated.
  • Yea I also can't seem to find a lot of debug objects. I'm on ps4 as well. I do everything necessary for the items to show but I cant see anything extra. I'm mainly looking for debug columns to use.
  • I'm on ps4. I've found the only way to get the majority of live edit objects to show up is to do a search but do not type anything in the search box and do NOT filter by debug.
  • Ok that seemed to work. Thank you. Just one last thing, how do I rotate objects on a different axis if I'm on ps4? I want to rotate columns to be horizontal.
  • @Trippy_M1nt you can't rotate items that way without the tool mod. Try searching tool mod on the gallery. You might find some stuff you like.
  • "Kaydee;c-17608298" wrote:
    Can I get free plants with the debug ?
    Plus I tried everything you guys have said nothing is working I am on Xbox

yes you can get all seeds in debug.
    It works fine for me, I am also on XboxOne.

Here's a step by step:

push LB+RB+LT+RT at once to bring up the cheat bar (on XBone)
    1. in Live Mode put in cheat: testingcheats true (enables cheats);there will be a message saying "cheats enabled" or something

2. in Build Mode put in: bb.showhiddenobjects (for well...the hidden objects, like seeds for example);no message will be shown regardless

3. in Build Mode put in: bb.showliveeditobjects (for the "World" objects);no message will be shown regardless

Do NOT use debug filters, do an empty search and scroll all the way down (you can filter by pack).

bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects will automatically disable if you opt out of build mode in any way, so you always have to enable them again. testingcheats true will stay enabled throughout your game, it can only be disabled by typing testingcheats false (but there is no point to disable it, since it wont make achievements available again).
  • > @RavenSpit said:
    > yes you can get all seeds in debug.
    > It works fine for me, I am also on XboxOne.
    >
    > Here's a step by step:
    >
    > push LB+RB+LT+RT at once to bring up the cheat bar (on XBone)
    > 1. in Live Mode put in cheat: testingcheats true (enables cheats);there will be a message saying "cheats enabled" or something
    >
    > 2. in Build Mode put in: bb.showhiddenobjects (for well...the hidden objects, like seeds for example);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > 3. in Build Mode put in: bb.showliveeditobjects (for the "World" objects);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > Do NOT use debug filters, do an empty search and scroll all the way down (you can filter by pack).
    >
    > bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects will automatically disable if you opt out of build mode in any way, so you always have to enable them again. testingcheats true will stay enabled throughout your game, it can only be disabled by typing testingcheats false (but there is no point to disable it, since it wont make achievements available again).

Hi,

My daughter loves the SIMS and plays on XboxOne. She is struggling to access the debug items and is getting very frustrated! We followed the step-by-step guide above which was really helpful; we did Step 1, 2 and 3 then scrolled down to search but nothing new showed up. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would be grateful for any help, I would really like to help my daughter.

Thank you ?
  • "SIMSisintheair;c-17874452" wrote:
    > @RavenSpit said:
    > yes you can get all seeds in debug.
    > It works fine for me, I am also on XboxOne.
    >
    > Here's a step by step:
    >
    > push LB+RB+LT+RT at once to bring up the cheat bar (on XBone)
    > 1. in Live Mode put in cheat: testingcheats true (enables cheats);there will be a message saying "cheats enabled" or something
    >
    > 2. in Build Mode put in: bb.showhiddenobjects (for well...the hidden objects, like seeds for example);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > 3. in Build Mode put in: bb.showliveeditobjects (for the "World" objects);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > Do NOT use debug filters, do an empty search and scroll all the way down (you can filter by pack).
    >
    > bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects will automatically disable if you opt out of build mode in any way, so you always have to enable them again. testingcheats true will stay enabled throughout your game, it can only be disabled by typing testingcheats false (but there is no point to disable it, since it wont make achievements available again).

Hi,

My daughter loves the SIMS and plays on XboxOne. She is struggling to access the debug items and is getting very frustrated! We followed the step-by-step guide above which was really helpful; we did Step 1, 2 and 3 then scrolled down to search but nothing new showed up. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would be grateful for any help, I would really like to help my daughter.

Thank you ?

After you hit the empty search bar (after putting in the cheats) scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list of items and work your way up. There isn't an indicator on the items letting you know they're "new," it's all just kind of mixed in.