Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Veteran
2 months ago

Eyelashes

I'm in the process of programming genetics regarding eyelashes for my sims. I always want new sims reflect their parents' genetics, and I use notes on the side to keep track on this in a quite simple way.

As I do not own the Lovestruck pack, and did not yet patch my game either, I did not test the eyelashes in CAS. I know there are two versions for base game, and 2 more added with the pack.

Basically I think the eyelashes I saw pictured as a bit too bold for sims not heavy on makeup. Superb  for younger "look-at-me" women, not so good for older women, the anonymous segment, and not for males. But I might be totally wrong, besides you might need to zoom in very close to get the "too bold" impression?

In my game I will use 3 DNA categories: No eyelashes (like before), moderate eyelashes (might be the upper lid version only), and long eyelashes (both eye lids).
So - I have a few questions for you eyelash-experts:

1. Will the least bold version look too much on a "grey" woman who doesn't care about her looks, spends hours reading alone at home, and has totally no intention of flirting with anyone this century?
  2. Will the bolder version that comes with the Lovestruck pack make your sim look like a model? How will it go with a face that never saw any makeup at all?
  3. Are there various color versions, such at grey, red, brownish in addition to black? I mean a natural look without mascara added should come in more versions than black.
  4. Do the heavier version look bad on male sims? Do you actually give your male sims any eyelashes at all?
  5. Do you use eyelashes for elders, or mostly for YA? 
  • The eyelashes come in black and brown colour. I don't think they are too bold, they do look a bit thick but are quite short, nothing too extravagant about them. I think they might suit even a male sim, some people do have naturally lush lashes. I think it would have been nice if they came in blond colour as well.

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

I agree, they should be matched to all the hair color switches in the game. I don't have a real need for them however, they are a nice option for date night or an extremely high maintenance sim working in the fashion industry/Style Influencer career.

Simmerville
      Seasoned Veteran

Thanks! Yes, I knew boys in my teenage with eyelashes that the girls in class would kill to have. They got shorter when they grew up though, guess that's a common thing.

• I am 69 years old. My eyelashes are still very blonde, as are my eyebrows. Do they 'match' my Redhair, not really but they do blend. I don't believe our eyelashes change color as we age. And I'm dubious about eyebrows changing colors, too. I have seen many a man with graying hair and their eyebrows are still the color their hair used to be.  It is possible that a very old gent's eyebrows may start to grow white or gray in time.  My hubby's are still brown, his beard is mostly white, now.  With very little change to the hair on his head.  Just my observation. Take it or leave it. 

SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot

I recommend the upper eyelid eyelashes for most female sims.  It has a little bit of boldness without being too bold.    As for bold eyelashes being for the young only.  No way.   Even Middle-Agers could have them.  The lack of thick eyelashes has nothing to do with age.  Either a person has them or not.  My Dad had very nice eyelashes & didn't even pass that wonderful DNA for me.  I got my Mother's tiny eyelashes.  Personally, I think it's so wasted on guys.  So not fair. boo hoo.  If I could magically give me extended eyelashes that were real I so would.  I can't even wear fake ones.