Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Festival of Youth Bugged?

I've gone to the festival of youth with my sims twice now and have had issues both times. The first time, I told both of my child's parents to bless her. The mom blessed some random woman instead, but the dad blessed her and they got a sentiment about it. But later, I saw that the sentiment had changed to a hurt sentiment and she was upset at her parents for several days. The same thing happened when I took my family again. This time, I just took the dad and the youngest two kids. I had the dad bless both kids, which took several tries because he kept blessing random people instead. I checked, and they all had positive sentiments about it so I thought it had finally worked. But later, I discovered the son had a hurt sentiment towards both his parents and his teenage sister from not being blessed, despite the fact that only his dad was there at the festival with him and blessed him. The positive sentiment he had changed to a negative one. Has anyone else been having these issues or is it just me?
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    Happened to me as well, I did not know that I was supposed to bless the kids, I blessed the daughter but not the son. Both got sad and angry sentiments which caused them to be constantly sad and angry for a week every time they were close to their parents. The developers really don't play their own game.

Completely ridiculous. If that happens next time I'm at the festival when I have blessed both and they still get the sentiments then I will never visit that festival again.
  • I don't get how the sentiments work either because my sim child is also still peeved at her mother for not "blessing her" and it's been several in-game weeks now (the reason why she wasn't blessed was because I couldn't figure out how it worked), it's quite annoying tbh.
    Edit: She is now peeved at her TODDLER brother for not blessing her at the Festival of Youth, like beech what? He's your brother and a toddler, why tf should he "bless" you with "youth" when he's a youth himself and when he WASN'T EVEN AT THE FESTIVAL? Gosh darn it, I hope they tweak the sentiments because they are annoying af.
  • I have had this problem twice now with this festival. Kids definitely got blessed but now they're all hurt at each other because they "didn't get blessed" and it's so annoying!