Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Game Just froze!

My game froze and I had to restart my computer, and yes before I am asked my computer is more than capable of running the Sims 4 with all stuff packs expansion packs and game packs in it. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen to them. It never did this until I installed Island Living. No, I do not have Custom content in the game. Thanks, guys and Happy Simmin :(
    susanleona
    Seasoned Rookie
    What I'm getting is looped stuck actions usually involved in some way with a toddler. For example when I tried to cancel a game generated toddler pick up set to follow from a shower of the mom, she kept getting in and out of the shower until I exited using manage worlds.
    keekee53
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I have to shift rt click to reset them constantly. I have decided not to play families with toddlers because it is driving me crazy.
  • I'm getting worried that this will carry over to consoles. I hope they find a fix for it. Bugs that are on PC get Ported over to the consoles.
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    "rudolpha;c-17135306" wrote:
    What I'm getting is looped stuck actions usually involved in some way with a toddler. For example when I tried to cancel a game generated toddler pick up set to follow from a shower of the mom, she kept getting in and out of the shower until I exited using manage worlds.

I’m getting this as well, but mine is happening on other lots now too. My Sims just kept getting in and out of the shower in granite falls (they live in Sulani). Oddly enough their shower works fine back at home. I have also had the game freeze, then I get a pop up from windows saying “the Sims 4 is not responding”, but it suddenly unfreezes and works fine again after a few minutes (this has happened twice since IL).
  • I am glad others are reporting on this. I sent SimGuruNick my save file as requested. If anyone else wants to send him their save file, he listed instructions in the bug report. The link is in my other thread. Hope this gets fixed :#
  • I've had only small lag now and then but usually, it goes away pretty quickly. My game hasn't crashed once since 2016 *knocks on wood* :lol:
    SheriSim
    Rising Hotshot
    I haven’t had the whole game freeze, but once when one of my sims was visiting a lot in Sulani I tried to cancel an eating option and the sim got stuck. Going into build and back did not unstick it and I could not travel. I didn’t think of trying going into manage worlds, I was afraid to save so just went to main menu and restarted. After that I started saving more often. The only other problem I have experienced is when I placed the sales table on the beach lot I wasn’t getting people to readily buy from it but it was raining and my sim was uncomfortable from it. I would try talking to the people and my sim would forget she was tending the table and try to do other things. At home in the snow when my sim tried to sell from home ( small lot in Brindleton Bay) people weren’t coming by the table to buy anything. I don’t know if that was a bug or snow related. People were walking around the neighborhood part though. My gaming laptop is only a year old and i don’t use CC or mods, but do own all the packs.