Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Get Famous and Existing Content

A lot of the chatter is about Get Famous and the new acting career. I get it -- it's the new shiny.

Not as much thought is going into how this pack will really expand (hence the term Expansion Pack) current content.

Some people seem to be upset that there were no musicians shown. But in the Base Game we already have the Entertainer career, with Musician and Comedian tracks. If you have City Living you can sing with the guitar or piano when you reach level 3 with the instrument and a certain level (forget which) of singing skill. As you gain singing skill, additional genres and songs are available. This pack could add features that make being a musician or comedian a lot more meaningful than they have been to this date.

Base Game also gave us the Culinary careers, with the top level being Celebrity Chef or Celebrity Mixologist. Now they can actually be celebrities if you want to go that route -- you could start Gordon Ramsey as a low-level dishwasher and have him move up the ranks, complete with Shout Forbidden Words if you have Parenthood. :D

There are a lot more possibilities -- what base game (or other pack) career do you think can be enhanced with Get Famous? And if you're getting the pack, what jobs appeal to you as your own path towards the rainbow of Fame?
  • "stilljustme2;c-16768543" wrote:
    "Cabelle1863;c-16768534" wrote:
    I'm glad that any career can lead to fame if one chooses, I just wish we had some new features or objects for the careers that go with the theme. Like a recording studio, or a filming set that looks like a kitchen. Or the ability to buy a famous author's book for your sim's bookcase. How about famous painter's works being randomly showcased at the museums?

We haven't seen everything that's in the pack yet -- just what was in the trailer. Also we don't know all the features.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! ?
  • Oh I had a fun idea. I don't know what the stylist career will turn out to be but I want to combine that with the fame system to become a famous stylist. I watch AHS and this season there is Mr. Gallant as a hairdresser. I think I'm going to make someone kind of like him. Make him fabulous and fashion conscious, give him a mean streak and let him loose on the town. It will be fun to see how he get's famous doing that.
    It's weird how truly excited I get when the stories that I feel I can actually play out start hitting home.
  • "stilljustme2;c-16768515" wrote:
    "LeGardePourpre;c-16768498" wrote:
    Hmmm... Famous Secret Agent ?

007 is in da place !

Or you could do Austin Powers if you prefer (then again, we're missing the body hair....)

Lol two different kind of people :D :D
  • I'm currently playing my sim-self legacy and he's a teen. He's already maxed the writing skill and I really wanted to make him a famous screenwriter-producer-director when he grows up. I hope so much that I can do that but if not I hope there's a way to submit his screenplays to studios and have them turned into movies instead of sending them to literary digest or publishing them. If that feature is announced my excitement would never end.
    Meka3211
    Rising Newcomer
    I'm hoping that Writing is one of the careers that allows for fame. I have a Sim who has maxed out the writing career. It would be cool if she could be famous.....similar to some of my favorite authors that are famous IRL.

I think this was already mentioned but Celebrity Chef would be cool....to actually make that a reality.
  • "kalaksed;c-16768942" wrote:
    one idea i keep coming back to is those costumes shown in the trailer... some of them would be great for both period sim settings (mentioned previously) and period vampires, and a lot of the sci fi ones could potentially be used to breathe new life into some of the existing aliens (i know i'm pondering a few to be used by my interstellar smugglers household...)

I think it'll be interesting to see if the costumes will be available to anyone in CAS (I could see some of the sci-fi ones showing up at Geekcon, for example) or if they're outfits that have to be unlocked at different acting career levels...and if we'll get a cheat to unlock all the career outfits like we can unlock the career rewards in Build/Buy.
  • "stilljustme2;c-16768373" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-16768261" wrote:
    I hope it isn't specifically tied to the careers, tbh. It'd suck for "unemployed" business owners to get left out, or sims who paint/write outside of the standard career.

There could be options like making X amount of money -- I'd like to have one of my explorer Sims become famous for finding Omiscan treasures and such.

Indiana Jones! :p
  • trying to wonder if the Up-and-Coming Hotspot Lot trait will work for a restaurant
  • Anybody has an issue finding the Get into Costume option before completing a performance? I have the Get makeup and hair but when I click on the wardrobe there is no Get into Costume option. Am i maybe missing an extra step? Thank you!
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "MugCodri;c-16834517" wrote:
    Anybody has an issue finding the Get into Costume option before completing a performance? I have the Get makeup and hair but when I click on the wardrobe there is no Get into Costume option. Am i maybe missing an extra step? Thank you!

There's a little square box on the floor, in front of a mirror with a stylist standing nearby. Click on those to get into costume. I don't think there's an interaction on wardrobes.