Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Have you ever overloaded your game with too much CC and mods?

TLDR: I had fun with mods and cc today and I'm curious about y'all's opinions. Scroll to the bottom for the questions.

So today I reallllly wanted to just download a boatload of cc. I started with Peacemaker and Illogical Sims and then just spiralled into the void. Four hours later, I was equipped with a toooonnn of Build/buy cc and then I started on the spiral of CAS cc... (shoutout to Nolan Sims for just like the most amazing maxis match stuff). When I was satisfied, I decided I needed more mods.

Now normally, I am a user who doesn't use cc at all (mostly because I find some of the clipping issues and non/snap issues and the flat colors a deal breaker (this is possibly why it took me so long to find cc I liked)) but I use a LOT of mods. I have a folder in my mods called "Essentials". It has MCCC, a dozen Little Ms Sam mods, a Keep Tablets in Inventory mod, and a run faster to class mod for University. Then I have another folder called "Little Ms Sam Extras"... which has about three dozen of her amazing mods. Then there is UI Cheats, TMex Tool, and a couple random University mods. I will pull these mods in and out of my mods folder depending on how much my game is acting up. However, today... I reallllly wanted more mods. I did NOT have enough (I think I counted about 60 different little mods and a few big ones). So I went mod shopping. Oh I found wonderful things. I installed Zerbu's Go To School mod, a cute little mystery party mod, a genie mod, a fairy mod, ninja poses, Kawaii Stacie's Slice of Life, and a whole bunch of other things.

Now did I break my game? Yes. Yes I did. Did I continue trying to play? Yes. Yes I did. (After removing Zerbu's mod it worked a lil better. I should have gotten rid of the genie mod too, but I wanted to play with it.) I pulled in all the kids from my favorite households in a save, aged them up with MCCC (bc birthday cakes were broken...), and then I tried to get them to go to University and allllll hell broke loose. None of my sims made it to University. The mermaid drowned. The two sims I had as genies ended up setting the house on fire and burning themselves all while their hair and clothes just floated in the air... And the other three sims died from various emotions after interacting with the aftermath of my mod explosion. One of them died of embarassment from acne...

It was glorious. My day with mods and full cc was amazing but my computer fans were overworked and my game was running a lot slower than usual. It was the greatest two hours of gameplay--pure chaos.

But anyways, sitting here thinking about this, I'm wondering about y'all's opinions and experiences. How many mods do you have in your game? Do you use alpha or maxis match cc? Do you always keep cc in your game? Why do you use cc? Are there mods you use temporarily and pull them out when you don't need them? What happens when mods cause chaos to descend upon your game?--Do you like the chaos? Do you try to stop it or do you encourage it? Does the chaos stress you out? Is having mods in your game worth having it run slow? Tell me everything. Stories about shenanigans are highly encouraged.