Forum Discussion

MrPlumbob
New Traveler
9 months ago

Help me decide which packs to get please

Hey everyone! So, with the current sale going on, I’m planning to get a few new packs. I’m definitely getting Growing Together, but I’m not sure what else to get. I own all of them except for:

1. Growing together
2. For Rent
3. Horse ranch
4. Werewolves
5. Batuu
6. Strangerville
7. Parenthood
8. Vampires
9. Home chef hustle
10. Paranormal
11. Toddler stuff
12. Spooky stuff
13. All kits

In addition to getting growing together, I’m trying to decide between any two of Vampires, Werewolves, and/or Parenthood.

I feel like parenthood would go well with growing together, but at the same time vampires and werewolves would go well together too. And if I do go with parenthood, it’s deciding whether to get vampires or werewolves with it.

As for the other packs I don’t have, I’m goin to hold off on getting them for now for various reasons, and the aforementioned packs are the ones I’m deciding between.

If anyone could provide a few thoughts I’d greatly appreciate it, as I’m having a hard time deciding since they all look so cool! What are your experiences with these three packs? Which ones have given you the most enjoyment? I will note that I play with aging off, but do rarely age up my sims manually. Also, my play style is mostly families and young adult singles doing everyday things, but I’m kinda wanting to try something different lately.

Thanks!
  • I have Vampires and Werewolves, but not Parenthood.

The Vampire pack has beautiful clothing and furniture.

The vampires themselves are easy to play, but they seem to die easily. They're just not smart enough to stay out of the sun! (This is probably less of a problem if you only play one household.)

The Werewolf pack has plenty of masculine clothing options for male sims; as well as ripped clothing and broken furniture.

It's a bigger pack than Vampires, so it has a bigger zone, which includes a library and bar. Oddly enough, the outdoor bar in the Werewolf lot is strangely popular with vampires. I see a lot of them hanging out there, even though I built a bar for them in the Vampire zone (which they don't go to!). I've even seen Vlad's tombstone there, because he was hanging out there so much.

The werewolves are pretty funny. They sniff people, urinate on the ground, scavange the ground, growl, howl..., even in human form. It is funny.
    They are more challenging to play though. They don't die as easy as vampires, but they destroy their own homes and ruin their relationships with loved ones during rampages. Then they feel guilty and depressed after the rampage. Unlike Vampires, where you get to choose your negatives, they are assigned randomly in Werewolves. Sometimes those traits clash with the traits you assigned them, which can be frustrating. There is a way to change the assigned traits, but it's not simple. My daughter's werewolf struggled in college because of the "wolf brain" the game assigned her, and it took us several days to get it replaced. She flunked the first semester and got put on academic probation!

So it's a matter of fancy clothing and easier to play occults, vs rustic clothing and more challenging, but funnier occults.

Fun fact: there is lore in the werewolf game that gives background info on the npcs in the vampire game!

evilyn_37
    New Adventurer
    So out of the game packs. Parenthood is the one that most naturally fits into my family gameplay. But even then I don't use a lot of the features a lot any more. Biggest feature is character values and I rarely play with them anymore. I like the child and teen phases, class projects, discipline, and parenting skill.

I am not an occult player but I had a lot of fun with both the werewolf and vampire packs. It's hard for me to say which is better. I like the B/B, CAS, and World of werewolves more. I thought the NPCs and Pack system was well done. But I still think vampires are more well done when it comes to the system and how fleshed out they are.

I loved Stranger Ville. It's somewhat of a one and done pack. I have played the story through a few times. But the best once that first time. On a discount I thought it was worth it even as a single use pack. I don't really play in the world ,though it is pretty. With horse ranch I get more use out of CaS
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    I think things that would go with growing together are:

Parenthood, toddler stuff, Little campers kit, kids fit kit, and spooky stuff.

Horse Ranch pairs well with Cottage living

And 4 Rent is to be Universal over all worlds, probably one of the most anticipated packs.

Strangerville too would pair with Horse Ranch

If you are looking for occults, Vampires, Werewolves and Paranormal pair well together

If you like cooking and kitchen stuff chef’s hustle is a good one.

I personally like several of the kits.