Forum Discussion

5 years ago

How do I get my sims to mourn at graveyards?

Hi everyone!

I created a remembrance holiday tradition that requires sims to mourn in cemeteries. To satisfy the two traditions I included (mourn, fasting), I downloaded a cemetery off the gallery. Unfortunately, when I got there, I do not have the option to mourn. The ones that do pop out is (Read Epitaph, Destroy, and another one which I cannot remember). Anyone knows how I can get my sims to mourn at graveyards so I can fulfill the tradition?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "bratt_sniper;d-974979" wrote:
    Hi everyone!

I created a remembrance holiday tradition that requires sims to mourn in cemeteries. To satisfy the two traditions I included (mourn, fasting), I downloaded a cemetery off the gallery. Unfortunately, when I got there, I do not have the option to mourn. The ones that do pop out is (Read Epitaph, Destroy, and another one which I cannot remember). Anyone knows how I can get my sims to mourn at graveyards so I can fulfill the tradition?

Oh, I apologize. I missed that part. By downloading a cemetery off from the Gallery, you are downloading a lot of gravestones that doesn't have sims attached to it, thus you won't be able to use any of these for mourning.
    Don't worry. You still have two ways to complete the remembrance tradition.

• During these holidays, you'll see ghosts walking (or rather floating) in streets. Talk to one of them to complete the tradition. If your game doesn't have ghosts, the game will generate some. So you don't have to kill your sims for this holiday.
    • If you really want to have your sims cry at a gravestone, I'm afraid in order to do that you must... ahem... sacrifice one sim. Any way is fine, as long as they leave behing a gravestone/urn in etiher somewhere on the ground or in the household inventory.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    It's because these sims were culled from game (deleted to make room for newly generated sims).
    To have mourn interaction stay, have a ghost move into a household and either move them out (keep them under favourites) or keep them in the household. By doing this, that ghost will never get culled and your sims can always mourn them.
  • Or you could just keep an urn in your inventory and take it out whenever you wish to mourn.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "crocobaura;c-17474213" wrote:
    Or you could just keep an urn in your inventory and take it out whenever you wish to mourn.

But sims can no longer use it for mourning when the sim whose urn it is gets culled...
  • "EgonVM;c-17474296" wrote:
    Or you could just keep an urn in your inventory and take it out whenever you wish to mourn.

But sims can no longer use it for mourning when the sim whose urn it is gets culled...

Does it matter where you keep the urn of a dead sim?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "crocobaura;c-17474299" wrote:
    "EgonVM;c-17474296" wrote:

Does it matter where you keep the urn of a dead sim?

It doesn't. As long as that sim whose urn it is still exists in the game, you can use it for mourning (That's my main point).