Forum Discussion

4 years ago

How is this a gamepack?

Seriously, how is one new career that's 90 percent buy mode a gamepack? It's insulting at this point.

We've shown that they can add careers in stuff pack, and good ones at that. The ghost hunter freelance career is one of the best ones we have.

All this is is a career slapped onto build mode. There is no gameplay added in this pack, it's legit just all build mode. There is no reason this couldn't have been a 10 dollar stuff pack.

I'm feeling left bitter wondering why we're paying 20 dollars for a single career that entirely focuses on build mode and has no gameplay.

Before somebody even mentions sectionals, those aren't a pack feature, they're being patched in. And yeah, it has nice buy mode items, so does a stuff pack.
  • for one thing you can't do everything right away I'm still not allowed to change the walls
    your sim really does try on there own to show off the work you did
    and they get tense if things aren't going well @texx78
  • "Evilyn_1007;c-17899071" wrote:
    If Likes/Dislikes and bunk beds would have been exclusive to the GP. Do you guys think it would have been worth the money then? I go back and forth on this.

The value of the pack would have been higher in that scenario but I am really happy these features were patched in for everyone. Likes and dislikes finally give a bit more personality to my sims (now we just need a favourite food and movie). That, was much needed and definitely should not have been locked behind a pack. And I am glad to have them in base game. And I like using bunk beds in small homes.
    I kinda expected a sectional couch in base game, similar to how a basic version of ladders and lounge chairs were added to base game. But I can do without them.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "Gordy;c-17899377" wrote:
    You know what the saddest part is? No one outside of the fandom cares. Gaming news YouTubers almost never report on The Sims' shenanigans, unless it's stuff like Batuu. Other games have had far less issues, but they get their issues brought to the general public's light. It's real sad that we don't have more people outside of the fandom shedding light on the issues the franchise is facing, because their voices could be a big help towards us getting heard.

Oh yeah, I agree as an gamer myself that does not only play the Sims.
  • "Simburian;c-17899990" wrote:
    "kwanzaabot;c-17899983" wrote:
    "Evilyn_1007;c-17899071" wrote:
    If Likes/Dislikes and bunk beds would have been exclusive to the GP. Do you guys think it would have been worth the money then? I go back and forth on this.

Well at least then favourite colours would have a point.
    What gameplay benefit do you get from wearing your favourite colour or being around objects coloured the way you like? Nothing, unless you buy Dream Home Decorator.

The colour preference's only use is for the interior design career, and even then it doesn't really matter because you don't even have to build rooms they can use. You can build a bedroom without a bed, a bathroom without a bath, or a shower, or a sink, or a toilet.

You can destroy their home, and fill each room with dog poops you've collected off the sidewalk, but they'll still applaud you and give you a promotion so long as they like the colour brown.

But if the dog poop was put there by using a cheat might they not register it? Only recognising objects taken from those shown to use normally? Maybe they might take such stuff to take exception to in a patch some time later. If you want to take a game to destruction you can do it easily if you use a mod or cheats to do it.

Can you repeat that? I don't really get what you're trying to say.
    Simburian
    Seasoned Rookie
    "kwanzaabot;c-17899992" wrote:
    "Simburian;c-17899990" wrote:
    "kwanzaabot;c-17899983" wrote:
    "Evilyn_1007;c-17899071" wrote:

Well at least then favourite colours would have a point.
    What gameplay benefit do you get from wearing your favourite colour or being around objects coloured the way you like? Nothing, unless you buy Dream Home Decorator.

The colour preference's only use is for the interior design career, and even then it doesn't really matter because you don't even have to build rooms they can use. You can build a bedroom without a bed, a bathroom without a bath, or a shower, or a sink, or a toilet.

You can destroy their home, and fill each room with dog poops you've collected off the sidewalk, but they'll still applaud you and give you a promotion so long as they like the colour brown.

But if the dog poop was put there by using a cheat might they not register it? Only recognising objects taken from those shown to use normally? Maybe they might take such stuff to take exception to in a patch some time later. If you want to take a game to destruction you can do it easily if you use a mod or cheats to do it.

Can you repeat that? I don't really get what you're trying to say.

How did he get hold of all that dog poop? Did he get a dog to make it and put it in his inventory to drop it in the house or did he get it by using a cheat?
  • What's odd is that you can put it in your inventory to begin with. Who collects that stuff? Did we really need that feature? lol
    Simburian
    Seasoned Rookie
    "Loanet;c-17899971" wrote:
    "Simburian;c-17899959" wrote:
    I think from now on the Maxis team will be making packs that suit some Simmers and not others, like this pack. I will be spending a lot of my time on decorating other Sims houses whereas I am not interested at all in getting a werewolf one. It's worth buying for me but not for others.

It is depressingly not up to the Maxis Team. A Dream Home Decorator pack doesn't have to be bad. But if they don't have enough of a budget or more importantly, enough people, they won't be able to make a good pack. Oh, they choose the theme and they make the pack and they do all the work, but it's the Top Shelf at EA that decides how much money they have, and how much time they get.

I didn't say it was bad but some Simmers would not be interested in it enough to play the career through to the limit, to make buying it worth it for them. It's turning out well for many Simmers as far as I can see.
    Simburian
    Seasoned Rookie
    "Felicity;c-17900157" wrote:
    I think from now on the Maxis team will be making packs that suit some Simmers and not others, like this pack. I will be spending a lot of my time on decorating other Sims houses whereas I am not interested at all in getting a werewolf one. It's worth buying for me but not for others.

It takes all sorts and Maxis has so much free stuff coming out in Patches that Simmers can still get what they want in future without having to buy their own pack until another one interests them enough to buy.

I've never really considered "The Sims'" iterations "games". They are much more than that. They are an interesting long lasting experience in an alternative universe that you can never completely finish and it keeps changing, sending you in new directions, not like games at all. They are a genre all of their own. Even "Simulation" doesn't describe them as that's more like real life and they aren't.

I think the one issue is the gallery. Being able to screen out packs you don't own via filters should be trivial to do, yet you can't, which makes me think it's a way of getting people to buy packs they otherwise wouldn't.

I thought you could? I don't use others' lots myself but can't you untick them on the list of packs when offered as a list? I did see some changes when I tried it.
  • Oh wow. All this time I thought maybe my gallery was just buggy but that's actually a thing? We've gone through how many gallery updates and they still haven't fixed that? XD
    Simburian
    Seasoned Rookie
    "CelSims;c-17900205" wrote:
    "Simburian;c-17900166" wrote:
    "Felicity;c-17900157" wrote:

It takes all sorts and Maxis has so much free stuff coming out in Patches that Simmers can still get what they want in future without having to buy their own pack until another one interests them enough to buy.

I've never really considered "The Sims'" iterations "games". They are much more than that. They are an interesting long lasting experience in an alternative universe that you can never completely finish and it keeps changing, sending you in new directions, not like games at all. They are a genre all of their own. Even "Simulation" doesn't describe them as that's more like real life and they aren't.

I think the one issue is the gallery. Being able to screen out packs you don't own via filters should be trivial to do, yet you can't, which makes me think it's a way of getting people to buy packs they otherwise wouldn't.

I thought you could? I don't use others' lots myself but can't you untick them on the list of packs when offered as a list? I did see some changes when I tried it.

Unfortunately no. When you uncheck the ones that you don't own, what happens is, it looks for lots which do contain the packs you have checked as you own them, but does not filter out the one's with packs you don't have. It actively looks for what you have and pays no attention to ones you don't, if that makes sense.

Not really. I've still had many lots suddenly wiped off my views when I've gone looking at the Gallery when I've unticked one or more of the packs in lot view. I do own all the packs except the Dust buster one and don't have CC ticked so maybe that's it. I do find sometimes that my own lots say I haven't used any packs to make them when I have though, which usually rights itself later. With over 50 millions of uploads it must be very difficult to control.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,094 PostsLatest Activity: 20 hours ago