Forum Discussion

10 years ago

How to Revive the Cowplant

I decided to do a challenge where I had an empty lot and no simoleons. Whilst fishing I got the Cowplant Berry I believe it's called, the first time I ever received this item might I add. Once I planted it, it eventually grew. I forgot about it and naturally it died. Because I had the "testingcheats on" cheat enabled I found that when I shift-clicked on the cowplant skeleton, the option called 'Set as Head' was available, out of curiosity I chose this. Little did I know what this cheat actually did was set the chosen object as a head on top of your sims. What this did for be was effectively plant a cowplant in my sims head, as the dirt model was around my neck. Eventually the cowplant grew out of my sims head, panicking because this ruined my game, I shift-clicked and reset the cowplant sticking out of my sims head. this caused it to reset nearby, except it was mini and bugged, by putting it in my family inventory and then extracting it, it was full-sized. Hope this helps you if ever you ever tragically lose your Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (Cowplant).

Steps for Recovery
- Kill Cowplant.
- Enable testing cheats (Cntrl+Shft+C) and type "testinghcheats on".
- Shift-Click on the dead Laganaphyllis Simnovorii and select "Set as Head".
- The cow plant will then reset and begin to grow in your sims head.
- Once grown Shift-Click on the cowplant and choose "Reset"
- You will then need to store and take it back out of your family inventory.
Your cowplant is now alive again!

Hope this helped.