Forum Discussion

6 years ago

I can't believe this just happened (Lottery)

A top level comedian Sim of mine died of laughter seconds before winning the lottery. All because her daughter became best friends with her while she was very playful. This was also supposed to be the last day of her life! I thought it would be touching if they became best friends then. But no! She croaks and seconds later I find out she won the lottery but didn't get paid because she died! I feel like the game is trying to spite me! :s :D I've been reloading the save trying to keep her alive before it happens, but the lottery is random every time. I like fair playing but this just seems like the game is mad at me lol! I knew I shouldn't have fed her gummy bear pancakes... .
  • "FurSimsOfficial;c-17046658" wrote:
    Oh man, thats a scenario right there! I would keep the drama. I played the lottery maybe 3 times and never won. I wonder if these sims who win, get the money in their bank though. What if its a friend of you sim or even a relative?

No I just had my sim hop over to their house and seduce them for the cash. I ended up restarting like 4 times but in my head Rockala still won the lottery lol. After I took the cash Rockala (the original winner ) died of old age while on the phone to move. Her daughter and son in law took the mansion. I'm giving them half off the bills since it's such an expensive place.
  • "FurSimsOfficial;c-17046658" wrote:
    Oh man, thats a scenario right there! I would keep the drama. I played the lottery maybe 3 times and never won. I wonder if these sims who win, get the money in their bank though. What if its a friend of you sim or even a relative?

They do - in my game Dustin Broke won the lottery, then married Penny Piza (spelling), but he had a child with my sim (who hated children btw) I have made sure his daughter knows him lol and hoping she is living with him when he croaks. Although Penny and he have 2 other children. Then another time a couple in Strangerville won.
  • Oh my, that's a very funny and disappointing story! I'm still holding out hope for the day one of my sims wins the lottery.. but not yet lol
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Yup, I had a vampire win the lottery, problem is they have a money tree so the million went on top of their 500,000. :o I've never had a sim who was so wealthy...boring. :D
  • "nerdfashion;c-17047858" wrote:
    *explodes from anger and shock for the poor Simmer who lost the lottery that gives you a million bucks*

TY *Takes it and runs*
  • "bshag4lv;c-17047759" wrote:
    Yup, I had a vampire win the lottery, problem is they have a money tree so the million went on top of their 500,000. :o I've never had a sim who was so wealthy...boring. :D

I think it can get kinda boring with that much money too, but when my sims do get that wealthy I try to mix it up a little by taking on features of the game that require cash, like vacations. Also I do the GTW GF or interactive careers or at least make sure my sims have goals or even regular careers because without them it gets monotonous. Hunting for collectibles is another thing I do. Maybe building and running a fancy restaurant, business, or vet clinic is also worth it after that too.