Forum Discussion

Joanne_Snow
Rising Traveler
5 years ago

I hate emotional deaths :(

I have been playing with this really cool sim and her really really awesome (adopted, not created) dog.... She wanted to become a famous artsy city-dwelling photographer or museum owner or whatever... and just as she was on one of her many unsuccessful dates, she decided to become hysterical and ... die :( I hate this. Will just have to exit without saving, but uhhhghfughr.

Just expressing my frustration.

To keep her in loving memory, here's a pic of her celebrating NYE a couple of days before she perished.

https://i.imgur.com/r5VlMYk.png
https://i.imgur.com/c9y35MD.png
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "mia_noelle97;c-17411649" wrote:
    I don't really mind the enraged or mortified ones, because my sims almost never get that embarassed/angry, but I really hate the hysterical one. I don't want my sims to die because they're having a good time. The one hysterical death I had was the husband of one of my sims, he was just having a good time on Winterfest with his family and his alien toddler told him a joke which I think pushed him over from very playful into hysterical. I tried to save him by having him calm down in the bathroom mirror, but it was too late and he died. That's why I just turn off emotional deaths with MCCC, I don't want to have to deal with the possibility of them dying just because they have a cute toddler and a well decorated house.

Yes, this.

@alyssa123 I'm all for death and realism too. Dying from laughter isn't realistic however. And to me, it's just not fun. Also, no, the player isn't entirely responsible for the moodlets. Am I supposed to not do my laundry and have a party just because that makes moodlets I'm not even fond of stack so fast, I can't even get my sim to call down anymore? While I actually have to download mods to stop such stacking moodlets from destroying any kind of sadness my sim may experience? ? Yeah sorry, that's not realism.
    Daravi
    New Traveler
    When I've seen other players sim parties on YouTube, I'm frightened to do the same to my sim. So many sims are dieing when they have are good time. Is this really necessary? One group meeting I had, ended horrible, all four sims from the group (except the sim I played) died on overheating, because it was summer. No more group activities then for me. I didn't know how to help them. Later I've read that I can ask them to show me their outfits, but it feels not right, when they have group identity clothes.
  • I've never really had accidental emotion death so idk :/ I find them too hard to reach personally to even remember they there

I mostly end up feeding my sims to cowplant
  • Aww, I'm sorry that happened.
    And, hooray for an earlier save game rescue!
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    "SimTrippy;c-17410620" wrote:
    @LiELF Agreed. Actually, I don't think I've ever had any other mood death than the hysterical one, though I'm sure mortified must be equally annoying. Death by emotions ? Is death by sadness or anger even a thing without an awful, awful amount of trying? It's never happened to me anyway ...

No, death by sadness isn't a thing at all, but I feel like if they were going to go the emotional death route, that would have at least made sense. I can see anger making some sense, and if we had a Fear emotion, that would make sense to me too. But hysteria and mortification? I feel like those were chosen because of silly common statements in real life like, "I'm so embarrassed, I could die!" or "I died laughing".

In general I don't like the emotional deaths we have now because they're silly. I've never had an Angry death though, so that doesn't bother me as much. But the one entertainment that can come out of them is the Vampire power that can overload emotions and cause Sims to drop dead, lol.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,037 PostsLatest Activity: 8 minutes ago