Forum Discussion

2 years ago

I Have a quick question?? I'm Looking for guides or more detailed information about the Sims 4....

Does anyone know of any websites or places to go on computer that give detailed guides of Sims 4. I mean like what each icon that pops up above a sims head means. See recently I made some changes to my kitchen using the move objects cheat, and afterward sims are being unable to do actions (not all the time but sometimes) and what happens is they stop what they're doing and wave their hand in the air and a little thought bubble appears over their head with an image of two feet or shoes and a red box with an exclamation point in it. I know that something is hindering them from doing an action. But anyway, I'm looking for a site that explains all these little details like what I just mentioned for example and more, anyone have any suggestions on this subject...OH, and I'm on Xbox, I posted in the PC discussion because this question is not really console specific, and more people are in the PC discussion so I can get more opinions.... thank you
  • @collmarM Thanks, I was pretty sure that it meant something was blocking or stopping them from doing an action. But I didn't know what action they were trying to perform; it was during some type of party I was having and there was a lot of people in the Kitchen at the time. I've already done pretty much what you're suggesting because the issue is happening in other places in my house, so I went into build mode turned the cheat off and checked many different objects to see that they were green instead of red. I only use move objects if it's on clutter and that if it's not directly beside an object that a sim might interact with...If it's an object a sim interacts with, I make sure that its properly placed and that nothing is inside its grid. But anyway, my game, especially my lot is so bugged, and sim interaction and pet interactions and other stuff are so bugged that at this point I'm going to reinstall my game and content and try to use what I've learned to create a better situation next time around. thanks for the assistance and for your time.
  • "AlienTusks;c-18206049" wrote:
    @collmarM Thanks, I was pretty sure that it meant something was blocking or stopping them from doing an action. But I didn't know what action they were trying to perform; it was during some type of party I was having and there was a lot of people in the Kitchen at the time. I've already done pretty much what you're suggesting because the issue is happening in other places in my house, so I went into build mode turned the cheat off and checked many different objects to see that they were green instead of red. I only use move objects if it's on clutter and that if it's not directly beside an object that a sim might interact with...If it's an object a sim interacts with, I make sure that its properly placed and that nothing is inside its grid. But anyway, my game, especially my lot is so bugged, and sim interaction and pet interactions and other stuff are so bugged that at this point I'm going to reinstall my game and content and try to use what I've learned to create a better situation next time around. thanks for the assistance and for your time.

You're most welcome. If you have a lot of Sims in one room sometimes your Sim will signal and wave over their heads. That means they are not able to reach where you sent them due to an obstacle such as another Sim standing in the same spot he/she needs to go. It is not always a misplaced object that you get that response from your Sim. I hope you continue to enjoy the game as much as I do. :)
  • You may have to gut your kitchen and start the makeover again. Something is blocking your Sims' path. It's irritating but it happens. Irritating because they manage to clip through just about everything else, but one little insignificant thing we can't see blocks their path. Face/palm.
  • "AlienTusks;c-18205545" wrote:
    @GalacticGal I feel you on that, the game has so many little bugs and glitches. I actually already re did much of my house, the purely decorative stuff that was not close to an item that a sim can interact with I still used move objects but for any item that you use or interact with I turned off the cheat and moved objects normally, I clicked on many objects to make sure they were green instead of red in build mode, and removed a small portion of pictures, furnishings and decor that I could do without. I sold the entire table and all the chairs in the dining room which is where the blockage was occurring and placed a brand new one with new chairs. I deleted the rug that was under my table just in case. So far things have been ok but I haven't had a good chance to playtest much yet.

I believe I read something once that one player discovered something in the basement was the cause of the blockage. I hope someone else who read the same thing can come verify this, however. So strange that we can't see ourselves what's blocking the path of a Sim. Personally, I never use MOO to place items. If I can't make something fit 'naturally' I don't use the object.