Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

It's Pretty Sad When …

Thought this might be a fun little thread. I'll get us started.

It's pretty sad when your Sim's brand new brother-in-law phones to say how much he really likes her and would she consider a romantic relationship? She's only been married to that Sims brother for less than two days! :open_mouth:

Please, add to this thread some of the really absurd moments, mod-related or not.

And have fun! I look forward to reading your responses. :)
  • "kiwicrone;c-17741683" wrote:
    It'sPretty Sad....When you start a new game in winter, join the club at the gym in Windenberg. Then agreed to meet and they all stood around in the wrong clothes outside and turned into popcicles (over eight people died including mourners) AND THEY KEPT COMING OUT OF THE GYM TO MOURN AND DIE. Death was so busy my Sim couldn't talk to him and no-one was left in the club except him. I had to send him home as even from inside you could see the death. Sims were complaining about acess to the entrance!!!

Oh, that reminds me of the rash of death that swept the Police Department back when I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. My heir was in the Detective Career. He came to work at the station to find two cops dead on the sidewalk out front. Another died inside and one of the Sims jailed also died. I was blogging about this Legacy and it gave me lots of fodder to work with. My heir's next younger brother was in the Crime track, you see. He joined the MobWives and that gave me quite the storyline. But, yeah, a spate of deaths can be so hard to get through. I was actually reluctant to play my game yesterday, fearing more deaths. Sure enough the widow of Drake Golden died. Now I'm afraid for Louise Cantrell. I double-checked the age-level of Joseph Cantrell when I opened the rolled-back save, which was in the midst of Jamison's birthday party. He was still an Adult. Doesn't mean he didn't age up the next day, since they declared he'd died of old age. Yikes.
  • "Colton147147;c-17735742" wrote:
    "Nate_Whiplash1;c-17730904" wrote:
    It's pretty sad when the Pancakes' adopted teenagers have started a romantic relationship without my knowledge---they're brother and sister! :(

*Alabama intensifies*

For sure thought someone would mention West Virginia.....*banjos playing in the background*.....?
  • "Scobre;c-17744359" wrote:
    It's pretty sad when I rotate between families and my Sims get culled all for the sake of NPCs generating more bartenders that I don't want.

What's frustrating about that is that problem was supposed to have been fixed ages ago. All we were supposed to have to do is make sure we favorited a family and/or played them, too.

"Tammors;c-17744353" wrote:
    It's pretty sad when Sims don't mind you walking into their house, opening their fridge, and eating your food; but they get really upset if you try to cook them a nice gourmet meal.

Yeah, they should confront the interloper immediately to express their discomfort that the Sim blithely invaded their privacy like that — before they start cooking! Oh, the absurdity of it all!