Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Lip Sizes

I may be irrationally angry about the way lip sizes are handled on TS4.
Not everyone has such WIDE mouths! Some people have small pouty lips and I can't get these lips to look DECENT. They get all SMOOSHED when I try to "re-size" them!
*grabs pitchfork*
AND I'M SICK OF THE BIG LIPS ON HERE. THEY DON'T FORM THE WAY I WANT. THEY GLITCH OUT WHEN I TRY TO MANIPULATE THEM. AND I ALSO WANT MORE LIPS WITHOUT A DRAMATIC CUPID'S BOW.

LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    "SquirrelTail15;c-17683122" wrote:
    You know what the other issue is? Lip colour. A lot of people (me included) have pink or red lips that aren't necessarily tied to the colour of someone's skin tone. In Sims, I have to simulate that with makeup, which throws the textures off and looks horrendous if I try to do it with male sims. And my computer can't handle cc, which means there's no solution.

I've found that one of the new lip colors has a few "natural" colors that only tint part of the lips. Unfortunately, they don't work on all skin tones, but I've been using them on some of my males. I also use the new blush for a rosier complexion or flushed face. You have to X out of the masculine tag to see them, but it's better than nothing right now without CC.

Hopefully those makeup sliders that are coming end of the year will give us a lot more to work with.
  • "crocobaura;c-17683135" wrote:
    "Missmagoo2;c-17682897" wrote:
    I like the way the shape of these lips look. But they're too wide/big for my liking. I'd like to scale them down a bit!
    Nope, he has to look like he's making a duck-face

Is it not possible to make them thinner after you adjust how wide they are?

I don't want them thinner. I want them to not look like a duck with smaller, full-lips
  • "SquirrelTail15;c-17683122" wrote:
    You know what the other issue is? Lip colour. A lot of people (me included) have pink or red lips that aren't necessarily tied to the colour of someone's skin tone. In Sims, I have to simulate that with makeup, which throws the textures off and looks horrendous if I try to do it with male sims. And my computer can't handle cc, which means there's no solution.

YEEEEESSSS. Luckily, my CC helps negate this issue