Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Lockers? Never mind, but. . . argh

Oh . . . apparently the double locker, the only one I didn't try, is the one that met the requirement. . .

I have a pretty fabulous high school replacement and it meets all of the requirements except for placing 8 lockers. I have placed any where from 8 to 12 using the single, triple and quartet lockers and no matter which I place, the game isn't recognizing that I've met the requirement. I've placed them against a wall, in the center of a room. . . it doesn't count any of them.

anyone else having this problem or can tell me something super obvious that I'm missing?
  • I wish they had the students names on them so you could see who has a locker next to yours.
  • Yes, I played around with building in HSY last weekend and noticed the same thing, lockers not counting toward the build requirement.

Here's the solution: Make sure the locker you choose is NOT one of the lockers in the DECORATIONS category, because those won't count as functioning lockers. The decor lockers look EXACTLY THE SAME as functioning ones, so check the category and names carefully when placing, then double check that it checked the requirement box. I believe the ones that function are only the double lockers.
  • Yes me too! Especially when it’s time to ask people to prom. Because it’s like I wanna know who I’m putting the note in the locker for.

"catloverplayer;c-18164078" wrote:
    I wish they had the students names on them so you could see who has a locker next to yours.

• I was ok with working out what locker to use. I just seem oto have problems with students getting to their lockers coz somebody is standing in front of it protesting (I think) with a little sign. Not sure wat that is all about!
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Well, might as well share my observations about the lockers.

Every locker starts off unowned and can only be owned by teens you control. All the owned lockers show the name of the owner when you hover over them. All the unowned lockers will be used by NPC teens. That will also mean that NPC could use multiple lockers. Yup, I had my sim plant stink capsules in multiple lockers and two NPC teens fell for it twice with separate lockers.

When you leave a prom invitation in the locker, you can choose which teen will you leave it to. This will include every teen in the game.

It's easy to find the required objects when you click on the name of the required object in the requirement list. Click on Sinks and you'll be shown all the sinks. Click on Lockers and you'll be shown the correct locker.
  • "Lecca;c-18165360" wrote:
    Semi-related to the locker requirements : is it possible to set the principals desk as a desk that isn’t the one from this pack?

@Lecca I'm not sure. James Turner tried using a different desk when doing his HS rebuild but it didn't count.
  • I went ahead and allowed my two Sims (brothers that I can control from the same household) decorate their lockers, just so I could find them readily. Yes, if you hover the curser over them, the names of the owners do show up. But I agree. If your Sim is going to leave a note regarding the Prom, it would be best to know whose locker is whose. Can you imagine if a mistake was made? :open_mouth:
  • Semi-related to the locker requirements : is it possible to set the principals desk as a desk that isn’t the one from this pack?
  • "GalacticGal;c-18165127" wrote:
    I went ahead and allowed my two Sims (brothers that I can control from the same household) decorate their lockers, just so I could find them readily. Yes, if you hover the curser over them, the names of the owners do show up. But I agree. If your Sim is going to leave a note regarding the Prom, it would be best to know whose locker is whose. Can you imagine if a mistake was made? :open_mouth:

That sounds like a good story!