Forum Discussion

Loanet
Rising Scout
5 years ago

Matching Cabinets

We have lots of counters, but a lot less Cabinets, which feels silly because Cabinets are far easier to create. I wish we had corresponding cabinets for each Counter. Just a simple skin update for a few packs so that my Cabinets will always match my Counters.
  • Matching furniture?
    In Sims 4? ROFL.

Its like the developers never even heard of color tables.

I mean.. How hard can it be to make matching swatches using color tables? Too hard apparently.
  • Aspects of this might be an unpopular opinion...

I definitely get frustrated with the lack of matching swatches on items that should have matching wood tones, fabrics, etc, as well as the obviously incomplete sets of some furniture items; however, some of the best interior design work doesn't depend on everything being perfectly matchy-matchy. Does it make it harder not having matching pieces? Yes! Does it aggravate and frustrate me to no end at times? Definitely! But does it also push me to develop my skills as an interior designer and rethink how to work different items together? Yes! And honestly, I think some of my best rooms have been ones where I've had to really work hard to figure out how to mix and match non-matching items together in a way that makes sense and works.

That said, as much as I appreciate the challenge of working with non-matching swatches and incomplete sets at times and as much as I like how many of those rooms turn out, I agree that we really should have matching swatches and complete sets in the game. I'd rather challenge myself to not work with matching sets when I feel like it, as opposed to being forced to do so ALL THE TIME!
  • The Parenthood set :s

The color of the cabinet around the fridge determines what color your stove and dishwasher have to be if you want things to match. Because if you want red appliances then you have to have a certain color of cabinets in order to match the cabinet that’s attached to the fridge, even if you think something else would look better. It’s either that or you have to pick a different appliance color. It makes me crazy every time. I wish the fridge cabinet in that set was a separate piece from the fridge itself so we could mix and match as we please.
  • This is partially why I'm glad I've recently got into Sims 4 Studio. You can import any item, then recolor it. Though I've seen CC packs where many people have already done that to make things match.
  • There is actually tons of cabinets. I've gone overboard sometimes in build mode with them. :p