Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Mediafire and Adfly---Safe or Not Safe?

Is it safe to download stuff from mediafire and/or adfly? I've been avoiding it and only downloading things with simfileshare or googledrive because I wasn't sure. How safe or risky are these sites? (I never click on their ads.)
    MrGiggleTickle
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Mediafire isn't always bad. But I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to go to AdFly.
  • You can add an extension to your web browser - I use Universal Bypass- which takes me to the content without having to go through Adfly or any similar re-director that gets money for clicks.

Mediafire is a file hosting service like Sim File Share or Dropbox - in itself it's fine.
  • Thank you everyone for your insight and good advice! And thanks @MeteoraStorm for the tip about Universal Bypass--I will totally look into that.
  • "QueenofMyshuno;d-962371" wrote:
    Is it safe to download stuff from mediafire and/or adfly? I've been avoiding it and only downloading things with simfileshare or googledrive because I wasn't sure. How safe or risky are these sites? (I never click on their ads.)

Those can be behind adfly too :D
    DeKaythePUNK
    Seasoned Adventurer
    Mediafire is fine for the most part. Sometimes it does has annoying pop up ads. But sometimes not. The good thing is that my internet security program is really good and can block anything that is deem quite harmful.
  • Doesn’t adfly count as behind a paywall? Former guru Kate said something along those lines, but it’d be nice if the current staff could comment on it.