Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Money cheat. Yay or Nay?

Motherlode?
  • I have almost never used it because it is not needed. This game is almost completely without challenge anyway. You have to cheat to get RID of money after awhile.
  • I use it for specific situations, like if I'm creating a wealthy character for a story driven save. But for regular gameplay I prefer to start each household not so well off and have them work their way up.
  • Once I know I can conquer the game without cheats, there's no reason not to use them for story purposes. Plus, you can use the cheat both to give and to take away.

Like the time I free-real-estate cheated a celebrity family into a mansion because it was silly that they still couldn't afford one. I wrote down the amount I paid for it and, after paying their bills each week, deleted the rest of their money and put it toward the house balance until they'd paid it off.
  • The only time I ever use the money cheat is if it's part of the story, like adding a rich family in the neighborhood, never for my main sims. It's so easy to make money that I don't really see the need to cheat for it.
  • My Sims have to work for what they have. Premade Sims living in houses they can't afford are evicted after I make sure that they don't benefit from the "sale" of the house. It's bad enough that their skills were cheated up in the first place.
  • I used to cheat their money up to a ridiculously high amount and never worry about their money again. Money has always been a massive restriction in games for me and I much prefer to not worry about whether I can afford to build something or not. Now I use "motherlode" until I have enough to build them a nice home with everything they and their future generations will need. My current household has the parents and 3 children and the bills are so ridiculously high that I'm forced to cheat every 3 Sim weeks just to afford the bills. The father earns about 3,000 a week, but the bills are 13,000. He's the only one earning any money. Should the bills be that high or is it some bug? My other saves with 1 or 2 Sims in the house the bills are 1,000 - 3,000. I also use the money cheat for those saves as they are for capturing game features so those Sims do not have jobs.
  • "NRowe;d-986594" wrote:
    Motherlode?

Unless I'm specifically doing a "rags to riches" challenge, I find plenty of "challenge" in the game even when I use the "money XXX" cheat. Frankly, I'd rather not worry about money but just enjoy playing with my Simmies.

I'm quite thankful for the "cheats" so that I can play the way *I* like to play but others who want to play in other ways can do so. That's one of the things I love about the game: we aren't stuck all playing like everyone else. We can play the way that is the most fun for us!
  • No money cheats but I do give my sims a nice house with a free house and then see if they can afford it after awhile by working. ?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 26 seconds ago