Forum Discussion

GrumpyGlowfish
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

No more needlessly restricted lots, please!

By "restricted lots", I mean lots that can be freely accessed, renamed, and even edited in most cases, but their lot types are set in stone. Examples include:

Windenburg - Von Haunt Estate, Ancient Ruins, The Bluffs
San Myshuno - Myshuno Meadows, all apartments
StrangerVille - The Secret Lab
Evergreen Harbor - All apartments
Mt. Komorebi - Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse
Copperdale - Copperdale High School, Auditorium

Now with the StrangerVille lab and the Copperdale school buildings, I understand. Deleting or even just altering them too much would remove big chunks of their respective packs' gameplay experience. But what about the ones in Windenburg? The occasional parties that take place there don't even happen on the lots and aren't that different from festivals in Mt. Komorebi, Sulani, and San Myshuno, which don't require restricted lots in their vicinity to work. But speaking of San Myshuno, restricting Myshuno Meadows makes even less sense because there's nothing going on in that neighbourhood, ever, and apartment lots should be useable for non-residential purposes, too.

That being said, it's not much of an issue for me personally because I'm a PC player with a mod that lets me change most lots to whatever I want. I have never actually used that power yet, but what I don't understand is why we don't have it from the getgo. What is so important about the onsen, the special lots in Windenburg, and especially Myshuno Meadows that the game won't let us change them as we see fit?
  • Yeah Windenburg ones are so upsetting because some of the lots would make most wonderful residential lots or say maybe you want restaurant in von haunt estate or something

same about san myshuno park

and I think we should be able to edit some parts of secret lab in strangerville even if we couldn't completely change it like at least the first floor upwards (minus the door that shall not be messed with) should be possible to edit with cheats since its so terribly empty
  • Not only should those lots be able to be reassigned as a different type of lot, other lots should be able to be reassigned as those types of lots.

There's no reason there couldn't be a ruins in Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow, or Strangerville.

Also, the apartments, let us reassign them as residential homes (for sims who bought condos), haunted houses, and I'm not sure offhand if any of them are small enough for tiny homes, but if they are let us do that, too. Or let us assign them as something else. I've been to an apartment that was an unlicensed nightclub IRL, why not in The Sims?

Heck, the Police Station and Hospital don't need any particular outdoor areas. Let us put those in residential worlds (or apartments) as visitable lots. I'd happily use some of those huge apartments that I hate to play with as workplaces. And if they're visitable, that means my sims can go hang around the hospital to try to meet a doctor.

• yeah all sims should be allowed to visit hospital and police station at least

and with hospital sims should be able to get treatment for their sickness

and with police station there should be possibility of getting caught for crime career stuff and having to spend some time in that jail

would have been cool to have those as lot types anywhere but oh well i don't think thats gonna happen since even school is only one particular lot
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    I agree that locking lot types should be kept to a minimum.

For the strangerville lab it makes sense because it is heavily tied to gameplay, same for the temple lot in selvadora.
    But the special lots in windenburg and the San mychuno park to be locked makes no sense.

I also would like all lot traits to be free to edit. San mychuno and sulani both have lots with a locked trait.

It is a shame that we can't use the tiny home and the haunted house lot in apartments. Tiny house would be fixed because we can't change the number of tiles but small apartments could still benefit from this.

"Simmingal;c-18278365" wrote:
    yeah all sims should be allowed to visit hospital and police station at least

and with hospital sims should be able to get treatment for their sickness

It would be useful to be able to visit these career lots. Especially being able to visit the science lot would be useful to be able to harvest the plants.

For building I would like a quick way to access the top of Mt Komorebi, the magic realm and sixam from map view.

GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If you're playing on PC and not opposed to mods, I can help you with that.

This one by TwelfthDoctor1 lets you instantly travel almost anywhere you want, including Sixam, hidden career lots, and the top of Mt. Komorebi:
    https://modthesims.info/d/661147/travel-to-venue-hidden-and-vacation-destinations.html
    That being said, you still can't access them from the map and have to take a sim there, but it's better than going through all the trouble of getting there normally just for building purposes.

And this is the mod I mentioned in my first post, to change lot types, made by Zerbu:
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/venue-changes
    As I said, I have never properly used it, well, other than for making the rentals in Granite Falls and Selvadorada residential. But I needed an entirely separate mod to make the worlds themselves residential, also by Zerbu:
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/all-worlds-are-residential
  • "Atreya33;c-18278910" wrote:

For building I would like a quick way to access the top of Mt Komorebi, the magic realm and sixam from map view.

Yeah. I'd love to be able to access all the secret/hidden lots for building purposes without actually having to play a sim and get them there. For the sylvan glade or the realm of magic, that's not a big deal, but the top of Mt. Komorebi or Sixam is a chore.

SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    I would love if all the hidden lots & special lots could be changed to any Career lots, Venue lots, Outdoor Party lots, Festival lots, Vendors lots, Residential lots & maybe a new Hotel lot.?