Forum Discussion

PrincessrozeeS
Seasoned Newcomer
7 years ago

Non-Flirty Sims

Why is it that non-flirty Sims do not like hugging under the "friendly" category? My sim got the "Hold your Horses Unsuccessful Romance with a Non Flirty Sim". But it wasn't a Romantic interaction just a friendly one! I am puzzled that non-flirty Sim wouldn't want a friendly hug. Everyone needs a hug now and again :) Seems my game has a lot of non-flirty Sims Ha!
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    It might have to do with the fact that the game doesn't really recognise the difference between the friendly "hug" and the romantic "embrace". At least, you can fulfil whims related to one of those actions by doing either of them, not specifically the one mentioned. Now I have no idea how this works code-wise, but gameplay wise they're somewhat interchangeable, even if "hug" doesn't build romantic relationships.
  • "GrumpyGlowfish;c-16258596" wrote:
    As an unflirty person in real life, I often have trouble telling if someone is flirting with me or not, and I've been told a few times that I sometimes flirt with people without even realising it (or rather, I unwittingly do stuff that others might misread as flirting). This has made me self-conscious in that regard, because obviously I don't want people to think I'm flirting when I'm really not, and so I also avoid any kind of physical contact that might be misinterpreted. Maybe that's what the developers had in mind when they made this trait? It makes sense to me at least, and I do appreciate that my simself reflects the real me so well.

As a side note, I'm actually trying to hook my simself up with someone at the moment, and since I'm not only unflirty, but also a loner, I have no idea if that's even possible. :D But I'm looking forward to the challenge!

The Romance Festival may be your only hope! :p
    Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    "LiaRose1435;c-16231529" wrote:
    My non-flirty sim got upset when she saw her children hugging

That's kind of odd though.
  • The trait description says the Sim doesn't become "flirty in public", what does that mean exactly?

Does that mean they won't get romantic with a partner in a crowded bar, but could do so if they were alone together in a house, or does the "not in public" mean the Sim only gets, ahem, "flirty", when they are by themselves and have complete privacy?

> @Anthonydyer said:
    > I do have some unflirty tendencies in real life and I would say that if some stranger flirted with me, I would not appreciate it. But if a friend or some well known person flirted with me, I would be much more receptive to it.
    >
    > I was experimenting with the game a little, and it doesn't seem to follow that logic.

While "unflirty" and "loner" perhaps appear more often together than they would by pure chance, it is definitely possible to have one without the other. I have , at different points in my life, been affected by both but there was little or no overlap. I wouldn't feel comfortable building a romantic relationship unless I trusted that person implicitly, but was quite happy to display affection with that person in public. OTOH having a stranger come on to you in private, that's awkward...

• @ZilogMan you're reading too far into it; Unflirty Sims just have far lower chances of having any romantic interactions succeed either by them doing it or others doing it on them period.
  • This trait is way to restrictive. I get it, but it should be possible for them to be situationally flirty (maybe at a party with the drinks flowing) or just at very rare random times. Or maybe they could turn flirty but it takes more time and effort.

AFAIK the Romance Festival is the only way.
    Perthelia
    Seasoned Novice
    I've never had to take an unflirty sim to the romance festival. They can become flirty in other ways like watching the romance channel on tv or or looking at a flirty painting. Once you get them in the mood, so to speak, they become receptive to romantic overtures. Also it seems like once they're in a relationship they're fine with romance actions from their partner, although they're still not big into PDA.
  • "Simpatsyann;c-16258820" wrote:
    I've never had to take an unflirty sim to the romance festival. They can become flirty in other ways like watching the romance channel on tv or or looking at a flirty painting. Once you get them in the mood, so to speak, they become receptive to romantic overtures. Also it seems like once they're in a relationship they're fine with romance actions from their partner, although they're still not big into PDA.

Thanks, I haven't tried these two. :)
    Perthelia
    Seasoned Novice
    I believe there's also a bar drink that should cause a flirty mood, but I haven't tried it. Might be worth a shot. So to speak.
  • "kalaksed;c-16258893" wrote:
    the fengs were one of my test cases for studying the unflirty trait (lily feng has it). and, as someone stated above, once in a relationship, they do seem a lot more receptive to romantic interactions from their partner, but even then will still shoot them down sometimes. have gotten to the point where if i'm playing them, it's lily who initiates most of the romantic interactions, if i want any going on at all.

my first unflirty sim is still around, though she's a ghost now. made her specifically to become a ghost scientist, but didn't want to do the usual thing designing the sim around the career. other than the whole running (floating) to scream at other sims for hugging, i like the trait unless it's used alongside several others to make one monster of a sim... which i made by accident. i really do get the unflirty trait, overall it makes sense and much of it is fitting. it's just really the screaming at others for hugging that gets to me. starting relationships with them is doable, but much more work. and to me, that feels about right.

...as for the monster sim, on a whim, i made one that is noncommittal, jealous, and unflirty. that was...just...yegads. it's about on par with the mean, hot-headed, hates children (or evil) combo that a lot like to do if they want a nasty sim. goes way overboard and is sure to cause drama constantly

also, in response to the flirty drink. there are actually two. cupid juice and love potion #4. i forget which is the more powerful, but i like setting both as options to order in certain restaurants

What happened to love potion #9?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,111 PostsLatest Activity: 21 minutes ago