Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Off the grid birthdays

I would love to see them add options for off the grid birthday cakes. A cake in BB perhaps? Or a grillable or off the grid cooking cake recipe? All my decades challenge sims are depressed for days after aging up without cakes 😆.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    "Themrsg4422;d-991099" wrote:
    I would love to see them add options for off the grid birthday cakes. A cake in BB perhaps? Or a grillable or off the grid cooking cake recipe? All my decades challenge sims are depressed for days after aging up without cakes ?.

If you have get to work you could buy a cake. You could download a birthday cake from the gallery probably too.
  • If you have Dine Out you can visit any restaurant to "bring out a cake" - you can celebrate at the restaurant or bring the cake home.

That said, my sims are fed up with all those cakes years ago. I wish there was some additional way to age them up - a confetti object or birthday hats or whatever, just not a cake that means the household will eat cake leftovers all next day.
  • My recommendation is restaurant or retail bakery/supermarket. You could even have themed restaurants/shops for each decade.
  • My sims can have their cake, but they can’t eat it. I add birthday candles before putting it back in the fridge and they can’t eat it then. You could either do that (but I don’t know if leftovers spoil faster otg) or save the cake in your household inventory and bring it out when needed. Then once you get one cake, you can reuse that.

I don’t think it’s cruel, personally I don’t eat cake either, I prefer ice cream cake.
  • I just recalled - it was my sim's birthday and because bills was not paid power was shut off. I had her visiting the neighbor, directed her to the kitchen to bake a cake :) The neighbor did not like it at all, she was actually thrown out while the cake was still in their oven. Pretty close though :)
    Daravi
    New Traveler
    During the early time of the decade challenge I had a workaround with that topic. I've build a community lot, a dinninghall for the poor, where my sim had baked the cake. An off the grid receipt would have been better.
  • Excellent ideas, thanks! I didn't want to have to try to make a period correct restaurant just to avoid sad sims, so these ideas are perfect.
  • @Themrsg4422 What decade or time period are you up to in the challenge? I have an interest in historical cooking so might be able to recommend a way to include cake in your storyline without breaking the historical aspect. :)