Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

Oh, It's More "Fan" Mail …

My Global Superstar has received at least two very suspicious packages in the mail. The first one was a minnow. This second one, however, is a tad weird. He received a Quintessential Vanilla cupcake. I'm thinking, Yum. No. The cupcake is spoiled. Mind you, he just received it. Either it traveled a great deal of distance to get to him, or why on Earth would a fan send a spoiled anything? LOL

Please share your "Fan" mail oddities.
  • The first piece of fan mail my famous Sim received was a pear (lol). And he did not (yet) have the quirk to receive odd things from 'fans.' Since he recently got that quirk he's just been sent a bunch of fish.
  • @XDelphi That's a really good point. I'll have to remember that!
  • "DanmanNefarius;c-16950842" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;d-955119" wrote:
    My Global Superstar has received at least two very suspicious packages in the mail. The first one was a minnow. This second one, however, is a tad weird. He received a Quintessential Vanilla cupcake. I'm thinking, Yum. No. The cupcake is spoiled. Mind you, he just received it. Either it traveled a great deal of distance to get to him, or why on Earth would a fan send a spoiled anything? LOL

Please share your "Fan" mail oddities.

it's actually hater mail hence the "fan" part. easiest quirk to get since those fan pests totally swarm you if you show up on any lot besides your home, and yes i think they are pests just like the paparazzi because they are way too obnoxious and do nothing but talk, whisper or harrass celebs all day to the point where it gets annoying. are fans irl also this obsessed?? i don't worship any celebrity but i have nothing against them either unless they suck ofc and even if i would meet my faves i would never degrade myself like those fan sims do 0.0 because it is just unhealthy how obsessed fan sims are and they do nothing in the game anymore but fanning over a celeb.

But some fans do go 'over the edge' in RL. I think the whole thing is fun. Brings some 'life' to the game for me, anyway. ;)
  • "DanmanNefarius;c-16952045" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;c-16951362" wrote:
    But some fans do go 'over the edge' in RL. I think the whole thing is fun. Brings some 'life' to the game for me, anyway. ;)

yeah, "some" fans do irl. in this game ALL of them do. pretty much another case of EA going overboard with a useless feature once again since they won't even get any fun or moodlet out of it :/ it is a 100% waste of time and it is a non-stop process, especially in a lounge, nightclub or pretty much every lot with a stereo and even if the celeb is doing nothing the fans will spam the "whisper/enthousiast over" interaction non-stop. and well....guess we all have our opinions… but everyone but the dancing celeb just standing still all the time clapping like seals and making it impossible to even talk to them or them talking about nothing but celebrities is not my idea of a fun time :p why even bother going out the door if it is the same old borefest everytime?? might as well stay home then and do something alone. at least at home i have everything i need and no stinking paparazzi can bother me to boot.

Oh, I'm sorry, you sound so jaded! I have always been one to 'make my own fun'. I was a loner as a small child, so I guess I allow my imagination to just run wild. While it has taken it's toll on my Global Superstar's love life, (he apparently suffers from weak-knee-itis) whenever a female fan throws herself at him — and how his lady love can know it even when she's not present at the event is beyond me — it can be tedious, but Erik just soldiers on through it. I loved the Beatles from age 9 on up. I loved their two movies, too, which showed the fans in a large group chasing them down the alley behind the theater where they were to film a concert for TV (according to the plotline of A Hard Day's Night). The second movie was a bit more fanciful in nature. In reality, they suffered the same way. Stores would sometimes open their shops in the wee hours to let the fellas shop unmolested. Girls tore at their clothing (haven't seen that yet in the game) and stole towels from their hotel rooms, if they could wangle their way in. It was total crazyland, this thing called Beatlemania.

I should probably add that I don't bore easily.
  • Yes, you're communicating with a Mega Beatles fan. I was 9 yrs. old when they hit the scene, so I was never allowed to go to a concert. When I was closing in on 11 I told my mom that the concert that summer (1966) was going to be their last. She poo-poohed my notion. I was the one reading the magazines; 16 Magazine, among others, and I was the one who was correct. John Lennon decided he didn't wish to go out on tour anymore. It was a mistake, the beginning of many that sadly broke apart the greatest rock group of all time, prematurely. Paul McCartney was always my favorite and he was the one who was expected to be the most successful on his own. I'm wondering, now, after both John and Ringo made their own albums, (followed ultimately by George (rest his soul) if that's why the other Beatles fought Paul so hard when it wanted to cut his own album. He has proved to be far more successful in the longer run.

I had the extreme pleasure of seeing him live in concert many years later. Twice. What a showman he is.

And, I'm sorry I cannot agree with you that the Sims3 celebrity system was better. I didn't really like how all a Sim needed to do to become famous was to chat a celebrity up. I'm of the opinion, that first a Sim (or person in RL) has to display some sort of talent or skill in order to gain fame. Writing, Cooking, Medical breakthroughs, Scientific discoveries, that sort of thing. If you want craziness in your game regarding the fan situation, I've got the mod Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career in mine. The Paparazzi are truly out-of-control, and so are the fans!

I played without it just using the Concert Job Event mod, but I realized as much as RTF was making me crazy, the other was just too tame. :open_mouth: It's all in what you get used to, I suppose, or just what you're trying to get out of it.
  • I have two of Enya's CDs. I had no idea she had a Stan. Oi. Bless her heart. Makes me think of the yokel who managed to break into the Queen's residence. :open_mouth: And, there was the obsessed fan who fancied himself to be John Lennon, which of course required he take the real one out of this realm. :'( I refuse to say his name, ever again.