Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Okay, but we can we talk about the Storms

I think it’s probably one of the most overlooked things in the trailer. The storms looks super violent, with the wind. Those palm trees looked like they were about to uproot and fly away :joy:

And I LOVE how the lightning looks. Not only do we get cracks of lightning we also get a flash that flashes on the world not the screen (I’m not sure if that’s how it was in 3, I know 2 just had an onscreen flash. The Sims 3 on console just has an onscreen flash too)

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I LOVE STORMS so I’m excited!
  • "Like_That;c-16498574" wrote:
    Hmmmm...... maybe they've focused more on worlds

We know that there's no new world in the pack, and also that there are storms. You'll find a compilation of what we know so far in http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info, on the first page of the thread. Once info from Simmers with early pack access starts coming in, @catloverplayer usually starts a thread for links to all their videos and blog posts.
  • I think it will depend on what the consequences are for the storm as well as their visual cues. Like snowstorms aren't likely to feel that way due to no snow accumulation. So I imagine snowstorms no matter how "violent" they might look will not feel right due to this. Most players will eventually end up normalizing it to the point it won't feel like a storm. I worry about that with the others. It's all well and good, but if trees don't actually fall down and huge puddles of water aren't made, thunderstorms are eventually going to feel wrong too. They'll become normalized as well.
  • "husseinandali;c-16511573" wrote:
    But wait are there sand storms??? For oasis spiring this needs to happen

That earlier post about the desert had me wondering the same thing. I rarely use Oasis Springs, except as an imaginary military/science facility town. However, dust storms could make for some interesting stories.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,039 PostsLatest Activity: 6 minutes ago