Forum Discussion

jannaeddie
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Pack Refresh - Dine Out

I know this one is popular: but what would you like to see by way of refresh for Dine Out?

I would like:
Ability to live on same lot as owned restaurant
Ability to be chef and hire household members to work in the restaurant
Tweaks to gameplay to make dining easier and more intuitive

What would you like to see?
    Quaay00
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Dine Out works perfectly in my game, I love it. I'd rather see Island Living or Get to Work or Outdoor Retreat get attention first.
  • Dine Out lacks in specific areas concerning the already existing culinary career in the basegame to start. There's almost zero to no integration with other packs either apart from being able to add foods from other packs to menus, and you can't even add all of them either. They couldn't even add the hotpot and the table it goes with to function with restaurants, all we get are the recipes.
  • I'm going to reiterate what I typed in the other thread concerning why Dine Out refresh needs to happen:

Please oh please does this pack need a lot more care. When I first got Dine Out, I really only wanted to place the restaurants in the worlds so I can send my Sims to eat at them, but when I tried to read about owning a restaurant myself, I discovered how underwhelming an experience it was going to be! This pack has so much potential to do more but it never strived to reach it! I have recently added at least 8 or so mods alone to improve upon the features in the pack, and don't even get me started on the bugs and the broken restaurant systems.

I can't get my Sims to finish their meals, I can't hire my own household members or family members and can't directly pick and choose who I hire. Why can't I make any money off the restaurant? Why are the customers always so fickle? Why isn't there a restaurant (and subsequently retail) related aspiration? Why is there no integration with the basegame culinary career? Why do I have to foot the bill when I'm invited to a restaurant? Why can't I place everything available to eat/drink in the game to my menus? Why are these restaurants so buggy and laggy? Why don't my employees do their jobs? Etc etc.

Oh how I would wish this pack got the love and care and attention that Spa Day was given, which shocked and surprised me that they would even do such a thing at all (I for one still liked Spa Day before the refresh and like it even more after). I could see a multitude of ways they can refresh this pack in all sorts of directions, but I do understand that overhauling the entire dining out and restaurant ownership systems to make it function properly must happen and those pesky longtime issues with this pack squashed before any refresh is gonna happen.
  • Well, if they actually worked on refreshing the pack, then they'd also have to fix all the issues within the pack already, so we'd hit 2 birds with one stone with all our wishes ;)