Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Paint from reference is weird

Do you like what "paint from reference" paintings look like in the game?
I totally hate it! They look so grainy and low quality! I wish they were more like oil paintings or like paintings in Sims 2.
Something like this would do.
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-09-29-dargie-thumb.jpg

I wanna be able to paint portraits without them looking like a low quality 0.5MP photograph

Why couldn't they look like these portraits?

(I found this photo on the internet. I don't know who the owner is.)

Also, I just thought of something... We don't really have an option to paint a portrait of someone. We only have an option to paint from reference. And it's really hard to position a sim, that you wanna paint, right.
  • They look like pixel art and not reference paintings.
    Half of the people won't know what pixel art is so it won't bother them and think TS4 is awesome.
  • I'm not happy with how they look, so I never used this feature which saddens me because I loved home made paintings, i'm sure they'll stay like this though.. it would be nice to have an option, so you can choose the quality.
  • It looks cool in some cases, but often it doesn't work and it would be appreciated if we could choose between the grainy, oil and normal. I would also love if we could paint from reference with photos again - take a photo and then paint it. It was useful for pretty spots where you can't place an easle.
  • I completely agree, it's such a bummer that it's so grainy, hopefully they can change it and make it look more painterly.
  • I'm not a big fan of it either. I wish we could have different filters to choose from, because sometimes it does look okay for some paintings. But for portraits it's just... :/
    amapola76
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I hate that they are so grainy. I thought it was something that would hopefully improve with skill level, but even my maxed-out Artist sims still paint them that way.
  • hate the grainy texture too

first time i made painting from ref I thought it was bugged and graphics died but apparently no it just looks so out of place and id rather have something similar to those beautiful sim mona lisas

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,103 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago