Forum Discussion

Alexai629
Seasoned Novice
5 years ago

Partial packs

I think it would be a good idea if EA offered us the option of purchasing partial packs. For example, I'm not interested in the game play associated with the Eco Lifestyle pack but I would be interested in purchasing the CAS items and the Build items. Why couldn't these items be offered separately?
  • Me too! I have been saying this since parenthood came out. I dislike the character values and ask for advice but want the objects. Other packs like vampires and spell casters also. I wish I could pick what occult types appear in my game.

Okay, but they are improving by giving us some options. We got options with Eco Lifestyle. We can control something like how voting happens and can shut totally off the footprint. They started to go in the right direction with Seasons by letting us pick the kinds of rain and snow or none but not have just one or two seasons. They could have went one more step on that. I sometimes would love to play with summer or fall all the time. I am thankful I can turn off fame if I want to. I wish we had an option to pick if plants are affected by weather like we can for Sims. I would like more options and firmly agree with the partial pack thing which could be implemented through options, maybe.
  • I wouldnt be against partial packs depending on how it was implemented and the pricing, but toggles are better. Really I can go for any option that isnt "just nerf the occults again so that they're basically non-existent despite people have paid specifically for occult shenanigans"
  • "Alexai;d-977483" wrote:
    I think it would be a good idea if EA offered us the option of purchasing partial packs. For example, I'm not interested in the game play associated with the Eco Lifestyle pack but I would be interested in purchasing the CAS items and the Build items. Why couldn't these items be offered separately?

I completely agree!
  • "Admiral8Q;c-17545029" wrote:
    An On/Off switch would solve everything.
    On if you want the game-play, off if you don't. Either way the stuff (clothing and items) are still available in-game.

You can disable a pack, but I think you lose the CAS items too when you do that?

It wouldn't solve the issue of cost! Why pay $40 to turn off the gameplay when stuff packs are $10?
  • "Lorna08;c-17545742" wrote:
    "Admiral8Q;c-17545029" wrote:
    An On/Off switch would solve everything.
    On if you want the game-play, off if you don't. Either way the stuff (clothing and items) are still available in-game.

You can disable a pack, but I think you lose the CAS items too when you do that?

It wouldn't solve the issue of cost! Why pay $40 to turn off the gameplay when stuff packs are $10?

The stuff packs also add game-play. So a partial stuff pack with only the CAS items?